Stolen RX8

JetSet

Just had the news that my son in laws RX8 was stolen from outside his house in Sandbach overnight. Looks like they found a way of disabling the alarm and immobiliser as he still has his keys. Car is an 04 in Black with 80,000 on the clock, I'm guessing they wanted it for spares :angry:

Pete

This sort of thing is coming all to common. In the last few weeks on the focusstoc there has been at least 6 that have been stolen. Pre orders one would have thought. One of the chaps was watching tv at 930 pm and some oiks decided to break into their house and demand the keys for the ST and promptly left in thier new 59plate ST. Took the rozzers 3hours to get to their house and still not found yet! Bar Stewards!

I'm afraid you may be right, he's a long distance truck driver and he didn't get up until 2.00pm so it had probably been gone for 10 hours or so :shrug: . His insurance company has provided him with a hire car for now but how long does it take them to pay up on a stolen vehicle?

Pete

Well they have to do so much paperwork these days. :(

But major sympathies, as another former Rex owner.. My heart goes out.

I hope we get a positive outcome. :console:

Trouble is, sad to say i thought its almost worse to have a stolen car recovered as then its on the HPI checks etc and puts people off (or so it seems when you see stolen and recovered cars on autotrader they go for alot less) - might just be coincidence though (and as ususal i could be talking bs).

But i agree if you have put work into the car and love it you dont want to never see it again!

Catch 22 i guess!

but good luck, for what ever the preferable outcome for him would be!

Looking on the bright side at least it saves him trying to sell it. I reckon they'd be a bugger to clear out when they get high mileage on them (it was bad enough getting rid of mine with 30k!).

Plus now he can get something more frugal......like a Humvee ;)

with that mileage he will be looking at a peanuts insurance payout with prices as they are at the moment im afraid

Yeah, I loaned him the money to buy it so at least he won't have to pay off a finance company. I haven't spoken to him but I'm guessing he'll want another one, they're cheap enough to buy these days.

Pete

with that mileage he will be looking at a peanuts insurance payout with prices as they are at the moment im afraid

Yeah, I loaned him the money to buy it so at least he won't have to pay off a finance company. I haven't spoken to him but I'm guessing he'll want another one, they're cheap enough to buy these days.

Pete

How much do you reckon? 2k? Sickening!

Pete

How much do you reckon? 2k? Sickening!

He paid 5.5k for it last June, I guess after you take off the excess you're looking at 3.5k :scare:

Pete

I wish someone would steal mine! Not a sniff at £4,695 and it's a 54 plate with much less miles. Insurance will probably offer him £2.5k.

Also the buggers who stole the car better be familiar with how the rotary works otherwise they'll probably flood it and be stranded!