Auto Fold Mirrors - £35 - Now On First Come basis

Cookbot

Thanks peeps, but I think I'm really going to struggle finding the cash. Bad news is that this equals not pilots license and some boring dead end desk job, + side is that I get to keep the Z and supercharge the tits out of it!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Anyone in the North West fitted them themselves and got it working? Had a right stinker trying to get it to work and it's doing my head in!

Eventually got it working like OEM with the internal door buttons, stuck the door panel back together and now they've stopped again. The switch that I got off cookie I just can't get working at all, even holding it my hand and pressing it does nothing :bangin:

Sorry to be such a noob!

I havent collected my 350 yet, but do they all have electric folding mirrors already? So I can just buy this kit, a bit of wiring and it will fold when I lock it and unfold when I unlock it?

Sorry to be such a noob!

I havent collected my 350 yet, but do they all have electric folding mirrors already? So I can just buy this kit, a bit of wiring and it will fold when I lock it and unfold when I unlock it?

Basically yes - theyfold in when you lock and out when you unlock there is a video earlier in this thread I belive?

I'm not 100% sure but some JDM's may do this anyway, it is apprently a feature they had and the UK ones did not if I get shot down in flames I was wrong :lol:

I had this on my last Zed and fitted it for Buster B) and useful when parked on th street :thumbs:

@Cookbot - That's some good work.

Are these still available? If so is there a waiting list/how much etc?

If you are no longer making these then I'm handy with a soldering iron and a maplin catalogue if the circuit diagram is available :D

Anyone in the North West fitted them themselves and got it working? Had a right stinker trying to get it to work and it's doing my head in!

Eventually got it working like OEM with the internal door buttons, stuck the door panel back together and now they've stopped again. The switch that I got off cookie I just can't get working at all, even holding it my hand and pressing it does nothing :bangin:

Check the copper tracks on the bottom of the bread board. Mine ripped when the sticky pad was applied and needed soldering up before it would work.

:thumbs:

Thanks flyboy. I've been PM'ing Cookie and I've taken the relay out and posting it back to him. It worked 50% of the time but never when it was completely installed behind the door. Hopefully there is a problem with it that can be fixed!

psd, Cookie said he wasn't making any more, I think I got the last one or one of them, but you never know!

Hats off to Cookie for being patient with me and replying to lots of PM's :thumbs:

Good luck Cookbot.

My flying days ended when i left the ATC (flew a few Gazelles, Chipmunks, Hercules and Viking) but i soo wish i'd followed my dream path into the RAF.

Pretty happy with my lot now though, i even occasionally get to fly a helicoptor at work!

Heres to the future car project..

• 1 month later...

Finally got round to installing the new unit and works perfectly! Typical me managed to get the only one made that got damaged in the post! It's rained every weekend for weeks but took about 15 minutes to install this morning.

Works a treat, thanks Cook!

It's been a while since I've made these and I've concentrated on my flying course and making the navs which are proving popular. I can make these again, but they'll be closer to £50 as my time is now very precious to me and I need to bulk order parts of which many probably won't be used. Names below if you're interested.

Cookie

There's a wiring diagram in the first post and I could put up a parts list, but where I got them from, they come in bulk. Ideal if you want 25 fuses, 25 fuse holders, a giant matrix board etc, not so ideal if you want to build one. There's a thread containing the maplin parts and a guide if you look back far enough through the threads, although the sum of the parts is about £30 I think.

The link is here http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=41330&start=0

Cookie

• 1 month later...