Auto Fold Mirrors - £35 - Now On First Come basis

Cookbot

Well I'd like a move to virgin or BA, but I'm not holding my breath. There's also chance of work with Cathay Pacific, but that means living in Hong Kong for a few years! Not a fan of that! Got 18 months pay to try and sort my life anyway.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd like a move to virgin or BA, but I'm not holding my breath. There's also chance of work with Cathay Pacific, but that means living in Hong Kong for a few years! Not a fan of that! Got 18 months pay to try and sort my life anyway.

Hong Kong's actually a good place to live, low tax for a start! I may be moving there in a few months. :thumbs:

Although I'd have to sell the Z if I do move. :thumbdown:

For those who are worried about the difficulty of fitting this, don't be. It was easy, (100% easier & quicker than the iPod radio mod).

The only thing that confused me was that on my model car the wires were a different colour than the ones in the guide. Simply use the guide and it is easy to find what the different wire is. I made a quick call to confirm this and Cook was good as gold.

It took me less than an hour and a half to get it all done. Make sure you glue the switch on well and in a position that allows the "hammer" for the door lock to make a good firm contact. Again, the guide shows this perfectly. In all honesty, the hardest part is getting the door trim back together :lol:.

So mark up one more for a successful mod :thumbs:.

If I can do it, anyone can :clap:.

Got mine early this week.

Fitted it yesterday. Awesome guide! I went to a mates for some help with the wiring but it really wasn't needed. The colour coded wires were so SO helpful.

However, in the process of refitting the door card it stopped working. Faffed around for ages trying to get it to work again and in the end decide to remove it (it was getting dark). Thankfully removing it was really easy too thanks to the brilliant build quality :thumbs:

As I removed the last clip from the ground wire I saw it hadn't cut through very well at all - so I now know WHY it didn't work - I just need to refit it.

Hopefully today :thumbs:

fitted mine today grand job,

took about 40mins, did make a couple of mistakes though... just from not reading the guide properly.

at step 18 i cut the purple and grey on the large white connector and connected them to the green and yellow to the device.DOH! i soon noticed my mistake and sorted it.

i also blew the fuse for the door mirrors and the retract wing mirror function from the control console, 10a red fuse replaced and all working great.

cheers

cookie.

(anyone else in Belfast wanting help to fit it give me a shout)

:lol: Great success. Did the 3a fuse I fitted survive?

nah it never so put in a 5a fuse in, as all i had spare was a 5a or a 2a lying around?

what do you think will that be ok? changing it to a 3a(when i get one) shouldnt be an issue if its not,just lift the arm rest and pull out the fuse from pcb stuck to the foam block of the door card. 20 second job.