Microsoft or Mac

rtbiscuit

What platform do you prefer  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What platform do you prefer

• Microsoft based PC
    • Mac based PC
    • Other

i've been looking at laptops and chatting with husky about things and i'm interested to see where the forum falls when it comes to computing platforms. i added other in there for those linux people or those others who use something special.

my biggest grip is that we don't really have any choice. microsoft own the monopoly on PC's and if you go for an apple some people think your a sheep. its a no win situation.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bollox, just seen all the footage in NZ on the news for the first time while mucking about on here, sort of puts it all in perspective :headhurt::wacko:

EDIT, sorry guys, i know this is the wrong place but that footage just kicked me in the proverbials.

It really really does depend on what you want it for. I'm into gaming and I know my 'onions' when it comes to working the power out of a PC so its a no brainer for me.

If you just want to browse, use iTunes and random multimedia then an Apple is idiot proof.

I'm a happy idiot then :lol::lol:

It really really does depend on what you want it for. I'm into gaming and I know my 'onions' when it comes to working the power out of a PC so its a no brainer for me.

If you just want to browse, use iTunes and random multimedia then an Apple is idiot proof.

+1

B)

DSC_0079-3.jpg

That makes the ps3 look like a sega mega drive :lol:

i have my xbox for games, but when it comes to processing power i need more than a web browsing word processing computer. i Run photoshop, illustrator, 2d design, cam software, adobe premiere. as well as a music and videos etc.

basically image editing and some light video editing, as well as music and video storage.

i find my windows based pc's have started off feeling quick but start to bog down after time and then i scrap them plus my widows based pcs' always seem to have glitches etc.

i have my xbox for games, but when it comes to processing power i need more than a web browsing word processing computer. i Run photoshop, illustrator, 2d design, cam software, adobe premiere. as well as a music and videos etc.

basically image editing and some light video editing, as well as music and video storage.

i find my windows based pc's have started off feeling quick but start to bog down after time and then i scrap them plus my widows based pcs' always seem to have glitches etc.

Today's modern processors would do all that without breaking sweat and lets not beat about the bush many macs now use pc hardware. ;) I just dont get any glitches not ever :shrug:

The main thing I find as to why people feel that their Windows based PC's slow down is that there is a lack of maintenance.

Running simple programs like CCleaner for instance alone can improve overall system performance as it gets rid of a bunch of junk files the PC doesn't need that accumilate over time, these are temporary files for the most parts.

Then there's the mal and spyware sweepers and finally the virus scanners.

Done regularly and the system shouldn't slow down (you don't even have to action them if you setup automated schedules)

The main thing I find as to why people feel that their Windows based PC's slow down is that there is a lack of maintenance.

Running simple programs like CCleaner for instance alone can improve overall system performance as it gets rid of a bunch of junk files the PC doesn't need that accumilate over time, these are temporary files for the most parts.

Then there's the mal and spyware sweepers and finally the virus scanners.

Done regularly and the system shouldn't slow down (you don't even have to action them if you setup automated schedules)

i run all those and have them on automated setups,

even been through and clean up the startup process turing off as much as i can that doent need to be booted straight up.

Mac stuff is great if ;

A ) You can't / don't want to get deep down n techy with your computer, ie upgrades etc

B ) You like to pose

C ) You like wasting money

Otherwise pc and HTC all the way :D

Seriously though, there isn't much in it these days, I just like the upgradability of pc's and Mac's don't have the software I need (AutoCAD).

Been building my own pc's now for 15 years and would not change. I like to do a bit of gaming so the Mac is a no go for me in this department. Windows 7 is the best windows OS to date :)

Same here, had a PC since 1991 a 386 16 with DOS 4.0 and started building my own in 1997. Love fiddling around with PC's, updating, ripping them apart, building and fixing them for mates. :)

Pete

Been building my own pc's now for 15 years and would not change. I like to do a bit of gaming so the Mac is a no go for me in this department. Windows 7 is the best windows OS to date :)

Same here, had a PC since 1991 a 386 16 with DOS 4.0 and started building my own in 1997. Love fiddling around with PC's, updating, ripping them apart, building and fixing them for mates. :)

Pete

And with PC's you can build something truly individual :D

finished07.jpg

The two GFX cards have since been replaced by a single watercooled GTX470