Fuel tank capacity

jaxx

just filled up. first time the lights come on for me, had about 30 mile left according to the fuel comp. 80L tank? i could only get 66L in before the fuel pump clicked. 60L is alot dont get me wrong, especially at 1.349 a litre, but 80L? were does that come from. and a quick question here that i know has been covered over and over but Vpower is the closest to me, momentum99 not to far away aswsell as the bt ultimate. what would you go for given the choice. i was given the car with a full tank of momentum. and this is now my 2nd tank of Vpower, only because of convienience.

I regularly get over 400 miles to a tank. My dte readings are way out - got a scangauge fitted that is far more accurate and shows the car's computer is about 25% out. Always about 150 miles left in the tank when the dte is reading 0. I've not run out yet, and only ever managed to put about 72 litres in.

I wouldn't recommend running on fumes though as any crud in the bottom of the tank will get sucked through.

I've had 450 I think before.

Made it from the Wales drives to my house outside Aberdeen (via Stans house in Manchester traffic) on one tank. The light only came on 3 miles from my house. That was sitting at just under 80 (indicated) with the cruise on. :thumbs:

Even running about I get more than 300 miles.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is way out too, the light had just come on today, DTE was 57 miles and I was able to put in only 56.97 litres, I'm going to see how much I get in when the DTE is 0 next time. :wacko:

I regularly get over 400 miles to a tank. My dte readings are way out - got a scangauge fitted that is far more accurate and shows the car's computer is about 25% out. Always about 150 miles left in the tank when the dte is reading 0. I've not run out yet, and only ever managed to put about 72 litres in.

I wouldn't recommend running on fumes though as any crud in the bottom of the tank will get sucked through.