My Project- FINISHED- UPDATED WITH LOADS OF PICS!

Beau

Well this morning I took the covers off and the paint matches up perfectly. You can see a slight, ever so so slight difference but this is because the paints newer. Once it beds in and the whole car gets polished up it should be fine! :teeth:

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice job bringing this GT4 back to its full glory :thumbs:

Do you still have the dammaged steering rack? Being it a GT4 like mine i would want some dimensions of the bushes as i want to replace mine to urethane jobbies. It will save me taking out my rack just to measure the bushes or getting fake info asual from the stealers who constantly get me the wrong stuff for the GT4.

I need the ID and OD for the large bush and the 2 smaller "ear" bushes.

How easy is it to take out the rack. what needs to come out?

Do you still have the dammaged steering rack? Being it a GT4 like mine i would want some dimensions of the bushes as i want to replace mine to urethane jobbies. It will save me taking out my rack just to measure the bushes or getting fake info asual from the stealers who constantly get me the wrong stuff for the GT4.

Sure mate, Ill get some pics and dimension up for you tomorrow.

As for taking out the steering rack, at first it was quite difficult as its very had to get a 17mm socket as there are loads of obstacles in the way but you just have to find the right combination. Also make sure you spray a bit of WD40 the day before as these nuts are torqued quite a lot. I used a Long strong arm and a 17mm impact socket half inch.

I removed the A frame at the bottom of the car to gain some space. I you need some help PM me! :teeth:

Oh and I still have the old steering steering rack, also the bushes on that are still like new considering the cat had did only 25,000 miles before the accident....

Beau

Surely it needs to be sprayed in a booth to keep paint contamination down to a minimum. :scare:

I spent a good few hours sweeping and dusting out the garage so it was all good!

Ideally a spray Booth would of been best but you have to make do with what you have got, in this case a small garage :D

As for taking out the steering rack, at first it was quite difficult as its very had to get a 17mm socket as there are loads of obstacles in the way but you just have to find the right combination. Also make sure you spray a bit of WD40 the day before as these nuts are torqued quite a lot. I used a Long strong arm and a 17mm impact socket half inch.

I removed the A frame at the bottom of the car to gain some space. I you need some help PM me! :teeth:

Oh and I still have the old steering steering rack, also the bushes on that are still like new considering the cat had did only 25,000 miles before the accident....

Beau

Thanks Beau :thumbs:

I have been spraying all the nuts and bolts underneath the car for the last 2weeks as I will be taking off all the control arms soon to swap urethane/solid bushes! :surrender: so it should pay off ;)

I am confused about the A frame you mentioned?! Is it the black plastic over the K-member? See link for illustration:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/ ... bottom.jpg

Beau

Thanks Beau :thumbs:

I have been spraying all the nuts and bolts underneath the car for the last 2weeks as I will be taking off all the control arms soon to swap urethane/solid bushes! :surrender: so it should pay off ;)

I am confused about the A frame you mentioned?! Is it the black plastic over the K-member? See link for illustration:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v208/ ... bottom.jpg

Hi, I took a few pics today of the steering rack for you.

DSC04424.jpg

I am guessing it is these 2 you are replacing....

DSC04425.jpg

Regarding the "A Frame" thing. It is a A shape sorta thing, Black at the bottom, runs from the left to the right and has about 8 nuts which hold it in place either side. On that pic you showed me it is the Black piece on the right, It is hard to miss when your underneath and has to be taken off in order to be able to get a socket to take off the bolt.

Good Luck with it! :thumbs:

DSC04424.jpg

Thanks Beau for the pics but what i need is the rack dimensions as there are 2; 50mm and 52mm.

There are 3 bushes to replace. The 2 "ears" on the right of the pic and the single large bush over the rack on the left. So pleae measure the diameter of both the single and ear bushes and the circumference of the rack and one of these should match 50 or 52mm :thumbs:

Cheers

DSC04424.jpg

Thanks Beau for the pics but what i need is the rack dimensions as there are 2; 50mm and 52mm.

There are 3 bushes to replace. The 2 "ears" on the right of the pic and the single large bush over the rack on the left. So pleae measure the diameter of both the single and ear bushes and the circumference of the rack and one of these should match 50 or 52mm :thumbs:

Cheers

Hi, Just measured them and it is 52mm in diameter.

:thumbs:

Beau

• 2 months later...

Hi guys, It's been a while since I have updated how my zed is going.

I am completely finished with it and the car drives Brilliant! :teeth: Also as you can see below I have also

made a few modifications!

Here's some before and after shots of the car!

DSC04414.jpg

After

DSC04806.jpg

DSC04804.jpg

DSC04397.jpg

After DSC04805.jpg

DSC04809.jpg

19" Team dynamics Rims with some wide wheels! B)

DSC04820.jpg

Rear Tint!

DSC04816.jpg

DSC04818.jpg

DSC04815.jpg

DSC04818.jpg

DSC04811.jpg

DSC04813.jpg

What do you guys think? All the work on the car done and finished by me!

Well done mate B)

I think the black wheels could work but needs more black accents.

[attachment=0]503-100-4928-500x375.jpg[/attachment]

I ran out of back to black so had to leave them like that!

That was a most enjoyable thread to read and is what these forums are all about. As someone said a labour of love indeed!

Fantastic with what you have done there. B)

Yes, A great forum this is! :)

Good job mate - I was doubtful when I first saw this but yo have proved me wrong!

Are you going to let us know your salvage price and your total repairs cost? ;):)

It was a deal I could not say No too.... :lol:

Good job mate - I was doubtful when I first saw this but yo have proved me wrong!

Are you going to let us know your salvage price and your total repairs cost? ;):)

aw go on - at least give us a rough guide ? :p

aw go on - at least give us a rough guide ? :p

:lol: