My Project- FINISHED- UPDATED WITH LOADS OF PICS!

Beau

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha Thanks for the comments guys.... As for the Price that's a secret ;) But I did get a good deal :)

As for parts, Im getting them quite easy, ebay, and from ZmanAlex and Lee, so thats no proplem...

If anyone would like to come and check it out one day, your welcome!

The rear suspension is fine, only the body work that will need some work done.

The door can be straightened out, a bit of body filla hear and there and she'll be like brand new.

Regarding the paint, Its known has "ultra yellow" Anyone know how easy it is to get hold of this colour and how much roughly is will cost.....?

I have totoally removed the wing, hub carrier on the front, I will post some new pics up tomorrow to keep you guys up to date :)

Any help/tips will be most appreciated... :)

Thanks, Beau

Latest Update on the Project. :D

I now have the Bumper, side skirts and spats all ready to be primed and painted. These are aftermarket Nismo fibreglass.

Also the wing and headlights. The left headlight is available as I will only be using the drivers side.

Also if anyone is interested in the front hub from the drivers side. :teeth:

I have a pair of wings, but I only need the Drivers side one. Is anyone interested in a Red passenger side wing?

All Im waiting for now is LEE, for the steering rack and a few little pieces who has vanished from this earth. Has anyone seen Lee? :rant:

PM if interested in anything. :)

Beau

Another update on my project guys.

I have know sourced all the parts. I got the steering rack, mirror and front wheel arch trim today and with a bit of luck with the weather I will have the steering rack on her tomorrow. I will have 2 spare track rod ends if anybody is interested, and also a drivers side mirror?

Also what power steering fluid do you guys use, I heard DW3 should be fine....?

Thanks

Thanks for that, I had no idea.

Also I need some advice/help on what to do with this back wing...

DSC04394.jpg

I was thinking about popping as much out as possible and then use body fila or just cut out another wing from abother 350z and weld it back in.... Which would be best do you guys think?

All help will be much appreciated! :D

Beau

Hi guys, Here is my latest update on the project.

The new steering rack is in, and I am pleased as it is perfectly straight.

The new hub carrier is in and everything is good with that except I had to use the cone from the previous hub carrier and force it into this one. We also go the headlight in possition with some plastic welding as the bracket had broken out and there was no point in buying a new one!

We also started doing some body work repair B) and try out the new wing :D

Here's a few before and after pics :D What do you think, not bad for a days work! :boxing:

Rear before

DSC04394.jpg

Rear after

DSC04554.jpg

The front headlight assembled in, with my homemade plastic mounting B)

With a bit of hammering and straightening here and there everything managed to fit perfectly.

Here are my new pieces which have arrived lately- New Nismo front bumper and side skirts! :D

DSC04552.jpg

Tomorrows Job!

-Finish off the straightening out on the door, and rear.

-Prime the body work, and maybe spray.

-Prime and spray Front Bumper, side skirts and mirror.

I was also thinking off wrapping the top of the car, including the bonnet gloss Black. Wrapping as firstly it is less expensive than painting, secondly I can always take it off if I dont like it or when coming to selling it, as its best to keep it as original as possible as it is a GT4 Model.

What do you guys think, Black on Yellow theme, Mirrors Black along with the top and bonnet?

Thanks, Beau

Cheers mate! I have seen some with the Black and yellow theme and they look awesome. Also I have just bought some new 19" Black wheels which will look awesome one I get them sorted with some tyres. Regarding tyres, whats best on a 9.5" rim. I was looking for 265 35 19 for the front and 285 35 19 for the rear, too small, too big?

Any help appreciated!

Beau

Cheers mate! I have seen some with the Black and yellow theme and they look awesome. Also I have just bought some new 19" Black wheels which will look awesome one I get them sorted with some tyres. Regarding tyres, whats best on a 9.5" rim. I was looking for 265 35 19 for the front and 285 35 19 for the rear, too small, too big?

Any help appreciated!

Beau

Be careful with tyre sizes Beau ...... traction control can be affected if you get it wrong .... best to keep within 2.5% of OEM rolling radius and if you go positive at the front then go positive at the rear and vice versa to retain balance

Thanks, I have heard some scary stories regarding mixing tyres and why you shouldnt do it. Is then when you have the traction control on? Or can you not drive with the traction control off? Also is there anything wrong with putting the same brand tyre at the rear and then a different brand tyre at the front?

Thanks, Beau

I was looking for 265 35 19 for the front and 285 35 19 for the rear, too small, too big?

Beau

Ideal size for 19" inch wheels is 245/35 front and 275/35 rear. You can scale these up to 255/35 to 285/35 and be well within 1% of recommended rolling radius. Going up to 265/35 at the front will take you to roughly 1.8% a bit too close to the limit for comfort really. As Attack has said it can cause you to have traction control problems if you don't get it right. Also 285/35 might be a bit stretched on a 9.5 rim :shrug:

Pete

Hey guys, Latest update on the project.

This weekend we have been busy straightening out the body and doing some body work. We also primed the bits that were ready and sometime during this week I will paint her and she'll be like brand new

Here's some pics of what we have done this weekend.

DSC04562.jpg

DSC04564.jpg

DSC04565.jpg

DSC04566.jpg

what do you guys think?

Hi Guys, My friend of mine did his spray work today and it came out fantastic!

Here are some pics....They are a bit dull but thats because of the fumes in the air at that time. Also didnt realise how hard it was to get the right colour. You needed to start off with a very dull yellow with couple Coats and then 1 or 2 coats of this very intensively bright yellow which then makes the original Ultra Yellow on the car. Also applied a clear coat over the paint!

Priming the nismo Side Skirts

DSC04568.jpg

Car covered and ready to be sprayed!

DSC04567.jpg

And here we go!

DSC04572.jpg

DSC04571.jpg

DSC04573.jpg

I will post some more pics up tomorrow of the entire car, as I will give her a good wax, but first spray the front Bumper and the other side skirt. And then its just the interior and wheels that need to be sorted out.... :teeth::teeth:

And you guys said you need a professional to spray! :p

Beau