Hi All - Looking to Buy!

Update - Have Bought!

Picked up my Z today and noticed that I have a bulging bonnet so the DVLA etc weren't all lying when they said it was a 313. Pic:

22e812ff.jpg

I almost didn't go to see it at all as the dealer had a pic of a pre facelift on the website, oh well!

The roof has gone up and down fine several times but the handle seems to be a bit picky about acknowledging when the roof is "closed" - you have to really push it in to make the flashy light go out. Also found that second gear is a bit notchy at high revs so will keep an eye on that. Annoyingly the Bose 6 CD thing appears to ignore my MP3 CDs so I'll be doing the line in mod ASAP.

Otherwise gave it a good clean up and it looks very tidy indeed!

Welcome along.

Dont put the roof down below 5 deg C it wont retract correctly. Advice given in handbook.

Make sure the aftermarket warrenty covers the roof motors, the have been known to fail and are a huge cost to replace.

Check the stitching very carefully. Best get someone with a torch to shine the light along the stitching while you are sat in side the car. The roof material is known to split. You have been warned.

Ask any dealer to put the car in their workshop so the roof will warm up and you can try its operation.

TBH, I would be more suspicious buying a car like this from a backstreet dealer. At least you will have some peace of mind buying from a main dealer. I did, and many have done.

Above all its a great car in the summer. :thumbs:

The clunk feeling in the clutch can be found on almost every zed :thumbs:

I thought there was something wrong with mines so I took it to the dealer and check another few cars older and newer and they all done the same.

Thanks all for the welcome and advice. The car will have a nissan warranty which covers the mechanical parts of the roof but not the fabric so i will check the stitching. One of the cars had the roof light flashing throughout the test drive, the salesman mentioned that this was due to having had a flat battery and needing to reset the mechanism but i have heard that one before and nothing is mentioned about needing to do that in the manual.

Off out again today to look at some more!

Well I did the deal on the 57 plate car today - all looks well and they are sorting the roof out for me. It seems to have RE050A tyres on the back and RE040 tyres on the front which is the same setup as I have had on previous cars and they have plenty of meat on them, as well as some nice Rays alloys and sat nav which doesn't look as terrible as most built in efforts - I'll be looking to do the tape player/line in mod ASAP though.

I checked the roof stitching and no signs of splitting there - thanks for the heads up on that one.

The gearknob is all mashed up which was common to all 350Zs I have looked at, so I already have sights set on a nice black aluminium Nismo one. Similarly the locator pin where the doors meet the bodywork had surface rust on all of the cars so some silicon spray will be applied ASAP, I guess they forgot to paint that bit.

All being well I collect on Friday - thanks again for all the advice etc!

The gearknob is all mashed up which was common to all 350Zs I have looked at, so I already have sights set on a nice black aluminium Nismo one.

You can use a good quality leather cleaner and then feed the leather with a dose of leather conditioner on a regular basis will help a lot in the interim.