Temper Orange - Is It Just 'Asbo' Orange?

im00

Hi Guys

I've just been given the option to switch my deposit paid for my Gunmetal Grey Z to a Z the dealers have just taken as a px thats in Temper Orange - the price is the same. The dealer tells me the orange variant of the Z is a much rarer beast and says all things being equal he'd swap in a heart beat. I'm assuming he's not trying to offload the orange for any reason.

So, can I pick your brains please chaps

1. Is the Orange colour perceived in the Z community as less desirable than the Grey (or any other colour come to that) - after all its almost the same colour as the Ford RS orange on their Focus etc and they are usually driven by boy-racers. Or does that make it more attractive :lol:

2. Are the orange cars just as re-sellable as (say) the Grey/Silver/Blue etc?

As its neither here nor there to me from a beauty point of view its other considerations like the above that will sway me one way or the other. I don't mean this to be a popularity contest or insult owners of orange ones - just get a handle on the ramifications of going orange - if any.

Cheers!

im00

I think the orange is too loud for me. I like how the gm has the ability to look sophisticated when it has to although mines is sounding like an asbo car these days and slowly getting louder monthly as I can afford more parts.

Do you like it? That's all that matters. Don't buy a car for the next owner or for what everyone else will think, buy it because you like it.

Personally I love it, but then any colour other than a shade of Dull Grey or Boring Silver gets my vote on a sports car :thumbs:

What are the age, milages of each car?

I ask as GM stopped and was replaced with Twilight in 07.

Temper was available from 07 on.

If the grey car isn't 07 then I'd seriously think about it to get the last engine.

Have a look here for ideas - viewforum.php?f=162

+1

Make sure you see it in the flesh first as its not really anything like the RS/Lambo orange. Its more of a pale, pastel orange...........

i have seen one in the flesh and have to say it is a cracking colour.

will make you stand out more and you will turn more heads.

i would check all the info about service history and mileage and everything, and as already said the year

if the dealer is willing to switch it over so quickly then he might be thinking he will struggle to sell the orange one for some reason. that may just be me being sceptical though

Hi.

I'm not going to dis the GM cars. If its your bag then great....

Tempur Orange is very rare. It's more subtle that the ford one and looks very different in different light conditions.

On dull days its almost pastel in appearence, but when the sun hits it, it's just ON FIRE with all the pearl reflecting the light. You will not believe the change that comes over the car. I don't know about the resale, but then I'm not bothered. I had the option of any colour, but once I saw the Orange I knew it was for me. Colour is subjective If you like it great. When you go to meets you'll be very lucky to see another one. You will see many, many GM's, there is and always will be more of them and thats ok too.

The downs are. It's more difficult to match than GM if you plan body mods, but you will see under artificial light that the Pearl make plastic parts look different to metal. The roof rails on mine look different to the roof and the H/lamp washers covers are different to the bumper. All the Tempur cars are the same I'm told.

In 2 year of ownership I've only seen one other in the flesh.

Look at the cars side by side. Check the spec of both. Colour is the last cosideration, more so when buying used. If there's nothing in them. GO ORANGE.

:thumbs:

Hope this helps. :teeth:

With my very cynical head on, could it be that a) the dealer thinks he'll have more difficulty moving the orange one on? And B) he makes more money on the orange deal with you as he gave the orange owner a low price together with the "it's not a popular colour" story? :dry:

All that aside I agree with others who have asked "Do YOU like it?" In the end it has to a personal choice and you have to like it, I was set on a Blade Silver until I saw my current Azure stood in the sunshine and I knew instantly that was the colour for me. :)

The Grey is on a 56 plate and the orange on a 57 plate. The grey has 26,000 miles though whilst the orange has 30,000 and the orange has sat nav and azalean leather.

Go see them both next to each other and see which floats your boat :boat:

Go with your heart not your head, after all if you went with your head you would be going to look at an ecomotion Polo :lol:

The Grey is on a 56 plate and the orange on a 57 plate. The grey has 26,000 miles though whilst the orange has 30,000 and the orange has sat nav and azalean leather.

Defo go with the TO car then if it's in decent nick etc as you'll be getting virtually the same mileage but with the latest engine and Sat Nav.

No brainer to me as long as the car stands up and you like it.

Exactly the same as mine.

The extra miles wouldn't bother me. It appears the Orange is a GT car with some extra's and I think the later engine (Not sure).

I'd go Orange based on that, but I'm not you look at em.

Let us know how you go. :teeth:

Please note that any opinions expressed about any trader on this forum is that of the individual and is not an official opinion of this club, any team member or the site owners.

If this deal was being offered to me I'd take the chewits (Temper) car as it's the last model with the 309bhp engine. That's if I liked it....

Wouldn't be this TO one by any chance, just seeing they have a 56 gunmetal plate in as well......

http://www.s2000-4u.co.uk/nissan-350z-g ... re-1122300

Yep - thats it. They've offered me a deal that effectively makes my outlay on both cars the same - the grey one doesn't have Sat Nav the orange does so I'd have to have it fitted which is £££'s.

I see I got the mileage wrong but the mileage differential between the 2 cars right at approx 4k.

If it is them:

a) Walk away as they are reknowned a-holes.

B) £15k is a bit rich imo

c) a) Walk away as they are reknowned a-holes.

Oops - to late, they have my deposit. What was the problem with them, they don't seem any worse than any other indy dealer?

You can search here.

Certain customers have had issues in the past with them that have been well documented on internet forums.

Those that have had a good experience wouldn't normally go out their way to tell everyone though..... ;)