Hello.......HELP!!!

Hi all,

Sorry to start with a request for help but ... I need help!

I've been offered a 350Z on a 54-plate with under 40,000 miles on the clock. Good news so far. But...the the dash is lit up like a christmas tree. Engine warning, traction control and airbag light are all on. The car has had a new battery recently and it has also been retrimmed so who knows what has been unplugged/disturbed. I've been told the fault code for the engine light in 1031 which I understand is an air/fuel sensor (possibly due to the induction kit/exhaust that has been fitted?).

It drives perfectly though. Revs smoothly, goes like a train with no noises, etc, etc.

Should I go for it? Anything that could be causing the problems (I'm guessing a couple of sensors).

Many thanks in advance.

Thanks for the welcome guys!

The car is priced very well. It does have an aftermarket exhaust so I had wondered about the O2 sensor. It drives perfectly but I'll try the accelerator trick and then see what happens. I'll let you know how I get on.

ps. the seller just wants to get the money out of it asap for (genuine) personal reasons.

YES

Providing the car is otherwise OK and is priced correctly and the vendor fixes the dash light issues permanently prior to you buying it.

:lol:

I was first :lol::lol::lol:

AttakZ edited, oh the wonder of copy and paste :lol::lol::lol:

SOZ Zman :blush:

Could incorrect profile tyres on the car cause the traction light issues? The t/c seems to work as it should (but I don't have any experience of other 350s for comparison). It kicked in once on the two test drives I've had and that was booting it up a hill on a damp road.

But having just re-read your question... I blame the :drunk:

I have found the roads fairly slippery the last few weeks, and the TC light has come on once or twice when I give it some......... but not loads of beans.

So either your heavy footed, just not go used to the Zed yet, or have the wrong profile tyres :shrug: