My Brother's Ferrari 355 Winter Overhaul

Beavis

Brother has got his 355 in for the moment for a timing belt change and for some cosmetic engine cleaning and painting! Wheels are been refurbished and the windscreen is also getting replaced.

More pics to follow. :)

DSC_0185.jpg

DSC_0188-1.jpg

DSC_0231.jpg

How dirty :surrender:

DSC_0217.jpg

Painting the rocker covers

camcovers.jpg

camcovers2.jpg

Looking Better B)

offsideelevation.jpg

att_1.jpg

Much want :bang::bang:

I realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly want a giallo fly GTS :blush:

Some here ;) The great thing about the 355 is that they still maintain very good money. My brother could probably sell his that he's now owned for 3 years for the money he paid for it or more after the jobs it has had done.

Infact if i had half a brain i would get one myself and get rid of the zed. ;)

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/list.asp?s=192

:edit: I thought i would post this thinking a load of you so called petrol heads would be interested, but 3 replies? :wacko: How wrong could i be! :lol:

I might be a wheel freak, but I find that wheels really date a car. I love the 355 but not a fan of the wheels.

Most Ferrari's benefit massively from swapping to the next car up' wheels e.g 360 wheels on a 355, 430 wheels on a 360, Scud wheels on a 430 etc. When i look at these cars, in my mind I always think that if I was to buy one I'd have to add another £3k for wheels, about the same for a decatted Capristo/Tubi exhaust set up = £6k :bangin::surrender::blush:

The original Gallardo wheels are so dated as well, I hated them and had to get the Callisto's straight away.

Maybe I'm just a wheel freak though or am I turning into Martinmac??? :lol:

Love the way you can just drop the engine out of it like that, makes engine detailing a doddle ;):lol:

+1 All comes out on a boltable frame. Engine gearbox clutch drive shafts the lot. Just disconect a few cables and pipes and your away :lol:

I might be a wheel freak, but I find that wheels really date a car. I love the 355 but not a fan of the wheels.

+1

See, I'm the opposite. I have never seen a car with aftermarket wheels that suited it better than the OEM ones, although I'll include OEM option wheels in that (like Rays on the Zed for example).

The 355 is miles better looking in every department than the 458. It's like comparing Holly Willoughby to Jordan: The latter may have more plastic tat on it, but it doesn't compare to the natural beauty of the former.

The 355 is a great usable Ferrari! We have a few customers with them and we are looking for a mint low mileage GTS or Berlinetta example for a good friend and customer of ours. Because they are in the 'affordable' Ferrari category now there are a lot of dogs out there :surrender: Always get one with a solid service history and MOT's.

Beavis, your brothers' car looks like a nice example :thumbs:

Stunning :cloud9:

I toyed with the idea of getting one instead of the 911, it's just the lack of storage space and relative fragility that stopped me. Well, that and the fact my best mate is probably going to be picking one up in a few months so I can just swap cars with him for a weekend! :lol:

Stunning example :thumbs:

The 355 is one of the best fezzas in my book anytime but if i could afford the running cost of ferrari ownership, i would opt for the 430 scud. B)

The ownership is the cheap part, it's the buying it in the first place that's the hard thing! :surrender: