Maserati Gran Tourismo.... Thoughts?

Zedrush

Hi guys, after summer am contemplating on getting a new car and am having serious thoughts on this particular one, but not too sure on the marque, history, reliability, upkeep.....

Any body know anyone or themselves who have had any experience with these. If they are as reliable as the Aston's then I will definitely be crossing it off my list :dry:

2211291-1.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll spend more time in the dealership than on the road. They're still not as reliable as they should be, although it's mostly electrical gremlins rather than anything too serious. Just get a good warranty and you'll be fine.

They're also stunning and I want one. B)

Very cool and usable car mate. Have a few customers with them and my elder brother bought one new in gunmetal which he has now sold, but he is ordering another this year so he must have liked it. The sound is truely awesome! Has 2 settings for exhaust note. There are a few different specs available from the harder suspension to all the carbon body extras. No real known issues with them really but not seen any with really high miles as yet. A better car than the Vantage with regards to build quality etc. You shouldn't let your Vantage put you off Aston's though as the DB9, Vanquish, DBS etc are all extremely good cars :thumbs:

we have one at work, i had a nice play in it last year, i think i wrote a review on here somewhere. utterly and completely fell in love and would own it in a heartbeat. the interior wasn't quite my taste but still fine to live with i reckon, the sound though, oh the sound!!! :cloud9:

You shouldn't let your Vantage put you off Aston's though as the DB9, Vanquish, DBS etc are all extremely good cars :thumbs:

My old man just got shot of his DB9 that he couldn't wait to see the back of, the thing spent more time in the garage than on the road. The last time it went in was the nail in the coffin, new clutch and flywheel at 18k, quite laughable.

You shouldn't let your Vantage put you off Aston's though as the DB9, Vanquish, DBS etc are all extremely good cars :thumbs:

My old man just got shot of his DB9 that he couldn't wait to see the back of, the thing spent more time in the garage than on the road. The last time it went in was the nail in the coffin, new clutch and flywheel at 18k, quite laughable.

Sometimes you get a bad one I am afraid. It happens with all makes including BMW as we had a customer with a year old one go back under warranty because of engine failure on his new 5 series or a brand new 2008 997 Turbo customer went back under warranty and his car ended up in bits due to a bad oil leak which entailed suspension being dropped and engine removed. The list goes on. :surrender:

Sometimes you get a bad one I am afraid. It happens with all makes including BMW as we had a customer with a year old one go back under warranty because of engine failure on his new 5 series or a brand new 2008 997 Turbo customer went back under warranty and his car ended up in bits due to a bad oil leak which entailed suspension being dropped and engine removed. The list goes on. :surrender:

+1 on that, my missus dad's 7 series was brand new, was never out the garage. Ended up with full new engine and wiring loom. Even after all that i'd still buy one. It was a 760li and holyshit it could shift

My brother has been hanging his nose over the exact same car Jay. White with the black wheels.

They depreciate RIDICULOUSLY fast, so save yourself the deposit on another house and get a 12 month old. The sound of the 4.7 in those is just phenomenal, Ive heard nothing that betters it, ever. :surrender:

My brother has been hanging his nose over the exact same car Jay. White with the black wheels.

They depreciate RIDICULOUSLY fast, so save yourself the deposit on another house and get a 12 month old. The sound of the 4.7 in those is just phenomenal, Ive heard nothing that betters it, ever. :surrender:

ooo i dunno, lambo lp640 sounds pretty mean

A friend at works Dad has one of these, he has brought it into work a couple of times...

Asked him about running costs and he said round town it does 10-12mpg, maybe low 20's on a long run

Yearly standard service is £1,000 - £1,2000 and the 2 yearly big service is over £3k, this year his Dads need cambelt and few other bits done and the estimate is around £4,500.

His has the 20" wheels which look :cloud9: but the tyres are around £450 from what he said...

The car has been back to the dealer about a dozen times in 2 years, various different things, electrical engine management etc...

I am sure you can save on these costs by servicing yourself or buying cheaper consumables but would you want to?

The car sounds absolutely fantastic :cloud9:

Thats got four too many cylinders to make the best noise :lol:B)

this year his Dads need cambelt and few other bits done and the estimate is around £4,500.

Im fairly certain that both the 4.3 and 4.7 V8's in these are chain driven, so I reckon someone's having his pants down if they have advised cambelt change. :shrug:

Only going on what he told me, you know how some people like to exaggerate :lol:

He has come into work in his Dads car so I know that he does actually own it, any other information can be taken as read :wacko:

Agreed, Lambo LP640 is one of the nicest exhaust notes I have heard on a road car :thumbs: We transport one to and from Sussex for servicing etc :thumbs: