Maxxis ..... How Afraid Do I Need To Be?

Kingman

So here I am, all excited like a 10 year old on Xmas Eve, waiting for Friday to come and I get to pick up the Zed.

Been worrying about all the things I might have missed during the test drive (I really do need to get back to work....), so looked again in more detail at the dealer provided pics. Noticed something thats got me nervous, the tyres whilst all having plenty of tread are branded Maxxis???? Not a manufacturer I have ever heard of, but then I have no experience of Zeds or Jap cars in general, having had Jags/Fords previously, so normally Pirelli P Zeros for me.

How afraid do I need to be? and are these something I will need to think about replacing?

Thoughts appreciated

Cheers

Andy

From a quick google it seems that the tryes are pretty well liked on other cars, cant find anything 350z related.

The one downside seems to be that they wear quite quickly so check the tread and if its worn consider changing them.

Other than that just take it easy until you get the hang of it. :)

They are very good on my mountain bike, Maxxis Minion 2.35 Super Tacky 42a compound.

... Of course that might not be much use to you :lol:

I roll Maxxis Ingnitor's on my Felt Compulsion 2 SE and there ace. Rock, mud, water, snow or tarmac they have never let me down. :teeth:

I've got them on mine. I know it s taboo to mix tyres but these where on the car when i got them and it's doing pretty well so far. I have the MA Z1 Vectra's on the, the traction is quite good in the dry tbh, although traction control does kick in quite a bit still if you try and boot it to much around corners. Also got the P1's on the front, in teh dry they grip alright, you get a lot of tyres squeel though and some understeer when your propper booting it but it's not lost it yet.

I'm still alive!

Thanks to all who responded.

I picked up the car on New Years eve and have already managed about 200 or so miles in it, one word Fantastic! So good to be driving a decent car again after 7 months in a 10 year old Astravan.

Tyres seem fine, I have the pair of Maxxis on the front and Falken 452's on the rear, no issue to report, traction appears good, although I think its fair to say my loony days are now way behind me.

Just waiting for some slightly warmer weather to get the roof off...

Cheers All