There is modification and then....

Woody

The craftmanship in that is phenomenal. As above though, its great standing still, but on the move It may become apparent quite quickly that something is amiss.

The running costs would be cheaper than a Veyron though. :lol:

Just read the other day that after each 3 tyre changes (£25k each) Bugatti say the wheels themselves should be replaced at about £35k - so do 7500 miles per year and you are looking at £100k running costs in tyres and wheels alone. :scare::surrender:

I can appreciate the effort, but come on mate, Its a BOXTER... you could of at least done it to a 911 :lol:

*Boxster ;)

Wouldn't have worked with a 911, engine is in the wrong place.

Like the numerous MR2 Ferrari/Lambo replicas, I can appreciate them for their immense craftsmanship but the second you put the actual badges on there it drops straight into the 'Trying Too Hard' pile for me. Leave the original Toyota (or in this case Porsche) badges on there and it's actually quite a comedic little thing.

I would def do this you can get a murcelago kit for a mr2! Which looks really good and is obviously alot cheaper than the real thing but you could do sum serious engine work and prob get same power just at a fraction of the price.. And alittle different! :)

I can appreciate the effort, but come on mate, Its a BOXTER... you could of at least done it to a 911 :lol:

*Boxster ;)

Wouldn't have worked with a 911, engine is in the wrong place.

Like the numerous MR2 Ferrari/Lambo replicas, I can appreciate them for their immense craftsmanship but the second you put the actual badges on there it drops straight into the 'Trying Too Hard' pile for me. Leave the original Toyota (or in this case Porsche) badges on there and it's actually quite a comedic little thing.

Did you try the boxster before the 911? There are some people with mad speced 987's touching 50 odd k swearing they are much better than a 911. Also people have put the c2s engine in the boxster and say the chasis handles it better than the 911 :shrug:

Did you try the boxster before the 911? There are some people with mad speced 987's touching 50 odd k swearing they are much better than a 911. Also people have put the c2s engine in the boxster and say the chasis handles it better than the 911 :shrug:

Yup, the first Porsche I ever drove was a 987.1 S and it was fabulous. The general consensus is that the Boxster/Cayman chassis is better than the 911 and I'd have no arguments with that, it's got the engine in the right place for a start so you don't have to engineer around that issue. That said, for me car ownership is more than just having the best chassis or having the best handling (I'd have bought an Exige if that was the case). The 911 has character and history and a certain style that the newer Porkers just can't match, plus I've already owned multiple MR cars before and really wanted to try an RR setup.

I'd have been very happy with a Cayman S (it's a beautifully designed car, there isn't a bad angle on it) and if the 911 hadn't been possible that very likely would've been the car I'd bought instead, however Id always have been wishing I'd got the 911. IMHO a 911 is a car you dream of owning when you're a kid, a Boxster or Cayman isn't.