One Year on... it's been emotional...

spursmaddave

It is a year to the day that I joined the forum, and a year -1 day that I got my Zed :cloud9:

I started as a fairly quiet and shy member of the forum, some would say I still am :blush:

My Zed stayed standard for all of 48 hours before the awful Bose was consigned to my loft, I had a previous encounter with in-car Bose with my Mazda so I knew what to expect (skipping and poor quality) so it had to go :wave:

Since then I have made the odd change, mainly cosmetic, along the way :teeth:

In a year I have done just over 15k miles :scare: and loved almost every single one (expect the last few hundred before I changed my clutch)

I will now attempt to give a comment and rating to all my purchases -

Pioneer F900bt - At first I thought I had spent £750 on a real donkey :headhurt: it was slow and a bit naff if I am honest, but being a tech guru and programmer I hacked it, upgraded it and was amazed :#1: I have passed the info on to a few members on here too that had the same unit :thumbs:

Stubby - never liked long thin ones, much prefer a short thick one :thumbs:

Z Badges - look so much nicer than the Nissan burgers :thumbs:

KTA Gear knob & Tax Disc holder - lovely looking and feel nice in your hand :thumbs:

PB Tonneau Cover - really crap, lasted an hour in the car and then burnt... :thumbdown:

Pop Charger - lovely growl would still have it if I had a standard exhaust :thumbs:

Di-Noc vinyl - way too dark, dull and gloomy... stayed on the car about a week :thumbdown:

RSW Carbon Fibre kit - met up with Bennett & Nurrish to pick this up and a tonneau cover :thumbs:

Interior LED's - :teeth::thumbs:

20mm/25mm Spacer - I love the looks, not for the purists but who cares when it looks so good B)

Momo Handbrake cover - :scare: ripping off the original one :surrender:

Redline Gear & Handbrake gaiters - superb quality :thumbs:

Exedy Clutch & Fidanza Flywheel - WOW what a difference but then my clutch was fooked :surrender: Fidanza can be noisy at idle but wow is it responsive :scare:

Zunsport black grille - B) didn't like the standard look from the front...

Buddy Club Pro Spec III Exhaust - superb quality and awesome sound.... but a bit drony for me everyday :surrender:

Plenum Spacer - didn't notice much difference but this & the Zorst made the Pop Charger too loud so the PC came off :surrender:

Braided brake lines - made the brakes feel a lot sharper :thumbs:

D1 spec Throttle Controller - :scare: if you don't have a revUp get one... just do it!

Genuine Car Cover - love this too although it made my stubby look inadequate :surrender:

At this point I found Craig Mudds thread where he sold off his showcar bits :surrender:

Brand new RSW kit, CF door sills, CF vent covers - all fantastic condition (Thanks Craig)

Hertz Comp & Co-ax speakers - fitted with a JL Audio amp... WOW unbelievable quality :teeth:

Nardi Handbrake cover - matches the KTA gear know nicely :thumbs:

Handbrake Gaiter - needed another for the Nardi, also got extra material from Redline and covered my rear strut & arm rests :thumbs:

Likwid Art Badge - for my rear strut B)

Milltek Sports Exhaust - fantastic Zorst although a little quiet compared to the Buddy Club :lol:

K&N Typhoon - bought this to add some volume to my milltek... but...

Berks HFC's - got these off a member on here, got them fitted and OMG the Milltek sounds :cloud9: now... but... no need for the K&N :doh:

Ferodo DS2500 Pads - So much more feel in the brakes now :drive1

Also bought numerous cleaning materials and now a Buffer :teeth:

That's it for now... an upRev in the New Year I expect apart from that probably not too much really, very happy with the car as it is, although it needs a respray on the front and some refurbs on wheels & hubs... and maybe some new discs... and wheels... and tyres... :blush:

Now onto this place 350z-uk.com

I always thought that car forums and particularly car meets were a place for beardies with as much personality as a fart. How right I was :lol:

Seriously though once I actually went to a meet I found that although some people take this place and their cars very very seriously there are plenty like me who like a laugh and the social side of things :thumbs:

Been to a few meets and one a couple of drives :drive1 although I am shy with new people :blush:

Those that I talk to know who they are and are great :#1: , a particular mention to the Milltek Club :#1:

I genuinely Laugh Out Loud at a lot of stuff on here and I know I am not the most knowledgeable member on here but I am always on hand to offer advice about what I know and to say what I think about things good or bad :blush:

I :wub: this place

Nice one dave, car seems pretty stock to me lol. Sure does look and sound sweet now even after all those miles.

Have they really let you stay on this forum for all this time despite the piccies :teeth: impressed.

Looking forward to seeing the size of the list (and maybe the stubby) doubling in the next year ;) . Err just reread that and it sounds like I want to see your stubby grow - ignore that bit.

Happy anniversary and may there be many more.

Oh, no mention of the hks club friend then. :tumbleweed:

I know my place. :p

Nice down here eh jim :lol:

Don't know what you mean Paul :shrug:......... ;)

............ I am in the miltek club :yahoo:

:lol::lol:

Common as muk them milteks :thumbs:

I know!!! Until last month it was a very exclusive club :dry:

Oh, no mention of the hks club friend then. :tumbleweed:

I know my place. :p

Nice down here eh jim :lol:

Don't know what you mean Paul :shrug:......... ;)

............ I am in the miltek club :yahoo:

:lol::lol:

Common as muk them milteks :thumbs:

I know!!! Until last month it was a very exclusive club :dry:

as ive said before, its the oap club, when your trying to save whatevers left of your hearing :lol:

PB Tonneau Cover - really crap, lasted an hour in the car and then burnt... :thumbdown:

+1 on that, mine is held together with staples :lol:

Mine was awful :yuck: still you live and learn I guess and get what you pay for :lol:

Was it awful because you thought it was a pair of fishnet tights and you couldnt get into them? :lol::lol: