GT5

Stew

Top Gear test track was a bit annoying, great layout, graphics etc, but the "special" race was very slow.

The vehicle provided was a VW Camper Van from the 1960's, I really don't think these are racing material. I guess I can chose to race on this circuit a little later on in the game with a car that goes over 55mph!!

Thats only the first race, the second one is with lotus elises and my god there twitchy! :drive1

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got home, put the gt5 disc in............ message saying i have to update my ps3 before starting disc.

Ok, so i did this and the disc wont play!!!!!!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH So back to blockbuster for another copy.

Guessing its gonna be a very late Night!

Karts are fun, but that Top Gear track with the camper vans is sooooooooooooooo slow I almost fell asleep.

2.24 on the Nurburgring GP circuit with the 350 :#1:

It is just me, but I can't find the Nordschleife on the game?

Sorry Neil just managed 2:11 :p:teeth:

Lol I can see that ending badly with an expensive tv on the floor lol.

Looks cool though.

Well spent some time with gt5 and must say found some bits rather frustrating. The menu system is ancient, spent ages trying to find where the audiocsettings were. And it takes so long to load from one menu system to another, normally because it's trying to connect to the server but fails. Have to say forza 3 does this far better and is far more accessible. Still who cares about the menus as soon as you get behind the wheel.

The elite cars are amazing but the standard ones are nothing special. Was initially very disappointed with the sound. Inside the cockpit it was too quiet. Then I found I had to change the ps audio settings to dts then select this in gt5 and set it to 5.1 and large cinema and OMG it's made a huge difference. I definitely recommend you guys do the same if you can. Now when I follow another car I can really hear and nearly feel their exhaust note coming out of my speakers.

The driving sound effects now sound superb. Trouble is it is still too quiet from the cockpit but the sound from The bonnet cam is amazing.

I've gone from from frustration to loving it. Looking forward to putting a few virtual miles on my belt and giving you guys a race.

Well I played it again last night. I've never played a game online and don't intent to. When I first started up I didn't connect to PSN and the game was so much quicker. When on PSN the loading between screens was frustrating. Think I'll keep it off PSN from now on.

I'm no gamer, I have all the consoles but did in and out and maybe play 30 mins a month.... if that! My opinion therefore probably doesn't count for much! Oh and I play it on a controller not with a wheel!

It is a slick game on game play, very nice to look at and the car detail is pretty accurate as far as I can make out. The progress is ok, it's not too hard for an idiot like me however in races I seem to be in 1st position by the first corner, as I progress I'm sure this won't be the case.

Anyway, it's all good fun so far and I'll hopefully get some playing time in over the next few months.

I found the Photo Area of the game to be AMAZING!! :yahoo:

I've got a great photo of me drifting a nice corner, tyre smoke everywhere, sideways on, and then applied a filter to the photo (can't think which one). I'm going to try and get it on here for all to see. Although can't do that till tonight.

I love the game, the realism of the Zed is spot on, brakes, cornering, sound, interior, apart from the MPH gauge on the Zed is a little out. I've had the needle off the dial, which isn't right...

I also believe the OEM aerial on the car looks too long? Maybe there should be an option to go Stubby!! :teeth:

lol the issue with menu selection is now identified as a problem. Why would it try to constantly connect to a server for a singleplayer game is beyond me. At least this means it will be fixed soon.

FYI:

If you're trying to play Gran Turismo 5 at the moment and wondering why everything is stalling and running so slowly - even in your singleplayer games - you can thank "extreme online traffic congestion".

While that's a common and understandable thing to be affecting the multiplayer side of a major game so close to launch, having server problems screw up a singleplayer game is both less common and incredibly frustrating.

While the "extreme online traffic congestion" lasts, users are being warned that even such basic things as moving through the game's menus can result in delays of "several minutes", as GT5 connects online not just to race against other people, but also "when starting the game and during the various screen displays in GT Mode".

In an attempt to "temporarily alleviate" the problem, Sony has cut off all user access to the viewing of logs, and in many cases changes to user profiles and changes to friends lists as well.

While Sony work to fix this problem, users are being told to disconnect their PlayStation 3s from their network and play in offline mode.

I actually turned off my connection the PSNetwork and it made a suitable difference. I've also now finished modifying my Zed and she knocking out over 500bhp - which reasonable I guess. :lol:

I've also purchased the short ratio gear box, hmmmmm me like this, I can see that being put on my Christmas Wish list - anyway, just thought I'd share one of the photo's I'd taken it was my first photo, so a little more practice and I should be able to get some cracking shots. This picture was on the final bend before the end of the race and I managed to step the back out and get a nice drift. What do ya think?

AutumnRingMini.jpg

I actually turned off my connection the PSNetwork and it made a suitable difference. I've also now finished modifying my Zed and she knocking out over 500bhp - which reasonable I guess. :lol:

I've also purchased the short ratio gear box, hmmmmm me like this, I can see that being put on my Christmas Wish list - anyway, just thought I'd share one of the photo's I'd taken it was my first photo, so a little more practice and I should be able to get some cracking shots. This picture was on the final bend before the end of the race and I managed to step the back out and get a nice drift. What do ya think?

AutumnRingMini.jpg

Apex ?