Boot size question, and hello!

Hi All,

Firstly, I'd like to say hello! Been reading the boards for some time during my hunt for a 350z. All being well I've found the right car and will be picking it up next week, very excited :)

I have a question about the boot size however. I think it will be cheaper for me and my girlfriend to park the car in a heathrow car park whilst we're away (going the day I pick the car up!) than getting alternative transport. This will only be possible if the cases will fit though! If I get the dimensions of the case tonight (its a 'typical' fairly large hoilday style case, and a cabin style one) would one of you kind gentleman check it will go in? Alternatively if you know bigger cases fit in then I'll be quite reassured! Tried searching but the answer isn't conclusive!

Veeeery boring first question I know, I'll might sure the next one references a powerslide of some sort....

Cheers guys!

Steve

:welcome:

park the car in a heathrow car park whilst we're away
:scare::scare:

I get a taxi these days :) . Many years ago, early 90's, my mum and dad went to Portugal, left their Ford Fiesta at a private car park at Manchester Airport. When they got back the car had no petrol in it. What's worse is that it had another 200 miles on the clock :angry: . From what I remember they eventually got £50 compensation.

Pete

I get a taxi these days :) . Many years ago, early 90's, my mum and dad went to Portugal, left their Ford Fiesta at a private car park at Manchester Airport. When they got back the car had no petrol in it. What's worse is that it had another 200 miles on the clock :angry: . From what I remember they eventually got £50 compensation.

Pete

That's shocking! I didn't realise you even left your keys with them....

Thanks for the demonstration, I don't know if that's given me confidence or not! Was going to take a hard-shelled one but could take one that's like yours, looks like I'd need too!

Thanks all for the welcome :)

They will have a great time thrashing your pride and jiy around while your away. Have you not seen watchdog recently???????

Some park their customers car in Public carparks, on the roadside, one company even hired out a customers car for 2 weeks, All this from " professional carpark companies".

Take a taxi for your peace of mind.

Oh Welcome too...

Not sure if this applies to every airport car park but we had to leave the keys at East Midlands, safety regs I suppose.

Pete

When I flew from East Midlands I didn't have to leave my keys. I didn't have a zed at the time but I still wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving my keys with anyone.

Pete

Thanks for the demonstration, I don't know if that's given me confidence or not! Was going to take a hard-shelled one but could take one that's like yours, looks like I'd need too!

Thanks all for the welcome :)

depends what option you choose, you have a cheap option where you leave the keys behind (they want the option of moving the car) or a slightly more expensive option where you keep the keys and the car is where you left it when you get back. I would NEVER leave my keys with anyone.

Not sure if this applies to every airport car park but we had to leave the keys at East Midlands, safety regs I suppose.

Pete

When I flew from East Midlands I didn't have to leave my keys. I didn't have a zed at the time but I still wouldn't have felt comfortable leaving my keys with anyone.

We had an Audi TT when we flew from there. We got seriously delayed by an accident, motor bike racing and a Sunday market (luckily, everyone did) and just went in the first car park we could find. Wasn't happy about handing the keys over but driving round finding an alternative wasn't an option. I noted the place we were parked and the mileage, more concerned about being "doored" though, they pack them in really tight :scare: .

Pete

Thanks for the responses.

I would definitely prefer to get a taxi - its just from picking up the car in Nottingham and getting back to Heathrow (via Brentford for my girlfriend), I think it would be tight on time getting back home and back out again (trying to build in some contingency coming from Notts!). I really like the look of parkatmyhouse.com, could be a good option.

I have my case dimensions - 78cm tall, 52cm wide and 32cm deep. Looking at the pic from Pete it looks like all 3 dimensions are a bit tight! If anyone fancies taking a tape measure out to their Zed in the morning...would help me decide my plan one way or another!

Cheers all!

The one I squeezed in was 78 tall, 52 wide and 25 deep. It's the depth that's really important here, mine was tight on the internal crossmember and not only that I don't see the boot shutting either, unless you can compress it down (a lot)... :shrug:

Pete