Topic Locking

The G Man

First off, this site has been a revelation in as much as there isn't a lot of locking/banning/mis matched merging of posts, much less than other clubs/forums I've been a member of, so well done.

What I find hard to accept is a moderator/admin/committee member locking a topic and then a moderator/admin/committee memberS continuing to post on it. The said topic, viewtopic.php?f=70&t=42912&start=15, was locked, as far as I can make out, because a similar thread was already started on the topic content.

My personal opinion is that once a topic is locked, it stays locked, unless it is reopened to all members after, say, a clarification on a technical/legal/over abusive poster is resolved, not for further chit chat by those that have a moderator/admin/committee panel.

Bad form, my opinion and posted here as feedback.

:)

its a past topic about someone who was a member here, she has a screw loose no doubt and we all told her as much. it went on and on until it got locked and she asked to be removed from the forum. she asked to be removed from the forum. Its all a bit of banter and basically they don't want me and biscuit posting in it :lol:

My personal opinion is that once a topic is locked, it stays locked, unless it is reopened to all members after, say, a clarification on a technical/legal/over abusive poster is resolved, not for further chit chat by those that have a moderator/admin/committee panel.

Bad form, my opinion and posted here as feedback.

:)

Agreed

You are quite right but we are naughty boys and reguarly abuse our powers :evil::lol:

But thanks for the feedback the team will take your point on board, it all helps in making this the best run 350/370z club in the land ;)

its not fair you guys having all this horse play; and not letting us get in volved, we all want to take the bit by the mouth; and ride this pony to some kind of conclusion.

some of those comments did make me laugh though, i laughed so much my throat was horse.

right i best saddle up and get going before i'm shot and turned into dog food.

:blush:

its not fair you guys having all this horse play; and not letting us get in volved, we all want to take the bit by the mouth; and ride this pony to some kind of conclusion.

some of those comments did make me laugh though, i laughed so much my throat was horse.

right i best saddle up and get going before i'm shot and turned into dog food.

:blush:

You're gonna end up as glue if you don't pack it in! :lol:

:lol::lol: George - I'll tell you the history behind this next time I see you ;)

Suffice to say if it hadn't been locked it would've degenerated into complete bedlam :lol:

But - your point is completely valid and I've been pleading with the team via PM for the last 24hrs to allow us all to play :dummy: I think they're just having far too much fun :doh:

Most know the teams view on In Before The Lock.

If you don't then basically none of us like it.

Please don't use them as it makes your case for opening a locked thread invalid.

You'll spoil your own playtime.....

Most know the teams view on In Before The Lock.

If you don't then basically none of us like it.

Please don't use them as it makes your case for opening a locked thread invalid.

You'll spoil your own playtime.....

So the mods can play but not us mere peasants.... fair enough :thumbs:

I get told to 'do as I say not as I do' enough at work TBH :dry:

It was meant ironically, in before you lock the lock.... sorry if that was not clear :boxing: