Out with the old in with the new

CarpeDiem

Finally bit the bullet and traded my 350z roadster in for a 370z roadster.

My 350z GT manual Roadster

oldrd.jpg

My New 370z GT auto Roadster

newru.jpg

newrd.jpg

Test drove both manual and auto as well as roadster and coupe before committing to the auto roadster.

Only down side was I had a 600 mile round trip to pick up car from Birmingham.

Have to say that I wasnt looking forward to the drive in the 350z as I thought the ride and seats would have been uncomfortable over the long distance but have to say that I never suffered and problems on the trip down. Definite improvement on the mpg. Got 25.4 mpg on the way down in the 350z and got 28.8 mpg on the way back with the 370z. I am told that the mpg should improve further once the engine is run in.

The auto box is taking a bit of getting used to but have to say I am enjoying it. Changes gears smoothly and effortlessly at speed and isn't to bad around town either. Definitely paid for itself when I was stuck in the traffic on the M6 on the way back. There is also a significant reduction in road noise between the 350z roadster to the 370z roadster. The lined rood certainly helps and looks so much better.

Other upgrades/improvements include the climate controlled seats which heat up the back as well as the seat (only heated seat in 350z), Sat Nav is an improvement on the old system (now includes speed cameras and tells you what speed which is helpful), bluetooth as standard is handy but have to say its not as good as the parrot kit I had fitted in the 350z and the ipod connection is a handy for the iphone.

Gave it its first wash, clay and wax today. Going to try and give it another good coat of wax before the crap weather kicks in.

Thanks for the comments. I will get more pics posted up.

Was sad to see the old 350z go but quickly got over that when I sat inside the new one. I was tempted to get it in the twilight grey again as I did love it in that colour but felt that it wasnt enough of a change for getting a new car. Only other colour I wanted was in white. That's why I had to do the long trip to get it.

This might have been the one you saw Carlton as I got this from Stockfield Road.

Tht's two mighty fine looking cars there sir B)

I test drove the auto box coupe, it is ultra smooth and idiot proof, believe me I would need it to be, but in the end plumped for the manual Coupe GT. I wasn't sure of the white but the more I see of them (photo's only, as they're as rare as hens teeth at the mo B) ), the more I like them :)

Tht's two mighty fine looking cars there sir B)

I test drove the auto box coupe, it is ultra smooth and idiot proof, believe me I would need it to be, but in the end plumped for the manual Coupe GT. I wasn't sure of the white but the more I see of them (photo's only, as they're as rare as hens teeth at the mo B) ), the more I like them :)

Thanks G.

After testing both manual and auto I wasnt too bothered which one I went for. The decider came down to no white roadsters on the nissan system which meant a minimum of 3 months wait (also was told that they might not be doing any more whites, don't know how true this is!). Found a white roadster in birmingham that was an auto. Had been interested in the auto so this just sealed the deal.

Thanks for the comments. I will get more pics posted up.

Was sad to see the old 350z go but quickly got over that when I sat inside the new one. I was tempted to get it in the twilight grey again as I did love it in that colour but felt that it wasnt enough of a change for getting a new car. Only other colour I wanted was in white. That's why I had to do the long trip to get it.

This might have been the one you saw Carlton as I got this from Stockfield Road.

woops! i think i drooled on it :D