Bit of a Rant

michael2516

I left my gunmetal z into a local body repair garage on monday to get a few bits resprayed black ( rear lip spoiler, front bumper, wing mirrors, door handles, front and rear badges and roof) wheels refurbed and sprayed gloss black and calipers sprayed in white with brembo stickers! I was quoted £350 for the lot, which i thought was cheap :dry:

Just picked up the car at 5pm and was :scare: to see what they had done to my car! for starters they didnt bother spraying the roof, door handles, wing mirrors as apparently it would have been too much hastle! :rant: The middle part of the front bumper was sprayed but obviously sprayed about an hr before i picked it up today as the paint was still sticky! they also decided to stick on AP RACING stikers on my calipers instead of brembo! but they thought it would look nice to put them on upside down aswell! :angry: the wheels and the lip spoiler seems to be fine! but the rest is an absolute mess! they only charged me £240 but i still feel like ive been robbed due to the state of the car! sorry for the rant but needed to get it off my chest as the mrs is fed up listening to me! will post up afew pics 2moro as its too dark now and these ones are crap quality!

SS850092.jpg

SS850097.jpg

SS850099.jpg

SS850093.jpg

SS850094.jpg

SS850095.jpg

SS850096.jpg

How much did you guys pay for similar work? i guess it was my own stupidity and should have knew better when they quoted me so little at the start :bangin:

You get very little for £350.00 in a quality bodyshop these days.

Just put it down to experience and move on and stay well clear of cowboys like these in the future.

Expect to pay over £1000.00 for a quality job for the work that you were quoted £350.00 for.

Alex.

They actually told you they didn't bother cause it would be too much hassle?

I'm not surprised you're pi**ed, they should have done the job they agreed to do or nothing at all...Frikkin cowboys

yeah m8 app he didnt do the roof because it would get wrecked over the winter months with snow etc :wacko:

And the door handles would be too easily scratched by girls nails etc lol that was his exact words!

They actually told you they didn't bother cause it would be too much hassle?

I'm not surprised you're pi**ed, they should have done the job they agreed to do or nothing at all...Frikkin cowboys

yeah m8 app he didnt do the roof because it would get wrecked over the winter months with snow etc :wacko:

And the door handles would be too easily scratched by girls nails etc lol that was his exact words!

It's not his decision to make, you asked him to do a job n he agreed. It's your problem if the snow fecks the roof and girls scratch your door handles. I wouldn't have paid the fool a penny.

so sorry to see/hear this,

lesson learned about checking work before paying for it.

prices for things i've seen/had done before:

Wheel refurb: £200-£350

Painted calipers: £200-£300

Door handles: £30-£50

front lip:£50-£100

roof: £150-£250

tried to give a range in price as it can vary in different areas; seems to be cheaper the further north you go.

if he rectify's the work without charging you more and your happy with the corrections, then it won't be to much of a loss.

tried to give a range in price as it can vary in different areas; seems to be cheaper the further north you go.

Dont you try going to far North though Michael.......you'll end up on the Isle of Islay and I don't reckon it'll be that cheap on there ;)

Not a nice thing to happen though mate - especially considering you've tried and tested the work before. Chalk it to experience though I suppose (obviously after setting fire to his workshop and unleashing a group of angry Otters on him)