GTR help - UPDATE - DECISION MADE

ATTAK Z

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defo buy one, best thing i ever done was buy the R35. owned it a year ................

Any other questions you have im happy to answer :thumbs:

Cheers

Paul

Thanks Paul .... good info there ....... are you anywhere near the one I'm after .......... I know Scotland's a big place but just wondered

Im not sure where exactly the guy is so unfortunately couldnt say, but if Irfan knows him then he is quite likely not too far away from me.

How come?

i love your car Paul :blush: remember seeing it in the distance in my mirror at the hoon and i blinked and you were on my back bumper :lol:

Thanks alot Paul, ive always thought your car was stunning and it still is with the change, everything you do with your 350z always looks great :thumbs:,

ill need to get a wee look at it in person now that its finished, have you fitted the R35 spoiler yet?

Cheers

Paul

Go for it mate or should i say congratulations :teeth:

For me there is no question about geting the GTR over most cars out there for similar money but i would go for a standard color car (black or white B) ) and preferably one with mods done by MH. That color is lovely but could be very expensive if it needs to be resprayed for any reason ;)

Enjoy man :clap:

This car has been for sale for a fair while, seen it a few months ago on PH.

It may be a circa £50k car but budget or F430/Gallardo/911 Turbo running costs, actually phone dealers and get prices, don't listen to a lot of the ill informed internet hearsay. Some of it will be true, a lot won't.....

I like the colour but personally, I wouldn't buy a car of that value that had been resprayed after it left the factory.....

I've come to the decision about the GTR, that it is an ideal car for someone like me who now has to compromise and fit kids in the back and still wants a sports car. But if it only had two seats I wouldn't even look at it, as RT said, it leaves me a little cold and doesn't get me going like other cars......

Best place to do the research on running costs is the UK GTR Owners Club, actual costs from actual owners having actual work done. You cant get a lot more accurate than that. As Liam says, a lot of the talk on the internet surrounding these cars and servicing/running costs, especially from the early days, has since proven to be a load of rubbish.

The costs are high, certainly much higher than a 350/370, but not the astronomical figures that were spouted around in the early days.

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/nissan-gt-r-maintenance.html

You got it yet? Injectedperformance do a nice single exhaust for that one!

If stupid VRT wasn't over here I'd look at thre GTR as a family car :teeth: go for it mate even if you only own if for a short while you've ticked the box! You 'giving' away the Z wheels then?

Oh btw is that carpet in hall gold plated with automatic sprinkler of gold when visitors arrive? :D

http://www.injectedblog.com/category/nissan-gtr/

^ look at the video at the bottom!

(you can't do that with some aul porsche...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K389LOBm4vk

Thanks for all the comments and information guys ....you've helped me make my mind up and I am no longer considering the GTR. I am looking at the options in a longer term and this is how I'm thinking at the moment (although it could change) :

1) Buy a 911 ..... the one I'm seriously looking at is an 11,000 mile dark grey 997 Carrera 4

2) Keep the wife's Arosa as my Shed

3) Buy the wife a carpet as promised lol (see page 3)

4) Sell the Zed

5) Buy the wife a Polo (the car not the mint :lol: ) and

6) If the Zed hasn't sold, put it back to standard and chop it in for the Polo

So if anyone's interested in a GM 2004 UK GT, the Konigs or any other bits please PM me for first refusal ........... I shall be putting up a 4sale thread hopefully tomorrow

why so quick to say no to a 370?

Sorry ....... I just can't love the 370 ..... all to do with style ........... 350 is the definitive Zed in the looks department IMO ......... not a quick decision I assure you, and I've tried and tried and tried to like the 370 but it just doesn't float my boat like the 350 does :blush:

Sorry ....... I just can't love the 370 ..... all to do with style ........... 350 is the definitive Zed in the looks department IMO ......... not a quick decision I assure you, and I've tried and tried and tried to like the 370 but it just doesn't float my boat like the 350 does :blush:

fair enough mate, i cant see how you can resist the GTR in that black with the purple flake and tubi exhaust though :cloud9:,

good luck with the porka :thumbs:

fair enough mate, i cant see how you can resist the GTR in that black with the purple flake and tubi exhaust though :cloud9:,

HPId the GTR and found a better one locally for less money ........... but you're right about the colour and finish :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: and that's what attracted me to the car in the first place

HPId the GTR and found a better one locally for less money

:lol:

He wont buy it, too powerful for hugh :p

reverse psychology ftw ;)

Well now we know that I won't be buying the GTR (as predicted by Ian) .......... and as far as it being too powerful Ian, I admit you're correct ............ I took my mate's 997 Turbo out today and I was amazed at the power of that thing ..... it's freakin' awesome ........... he kept telling me to give it some, but I admit I was a little bit scared by it all :scare: ............ nice to drive though ... it did fit me nicely :thumbs: