Will I burn in Hell.....

spursmaddave

OK here is the story... on Friday my son calls me to say his PS3 keeps locking up after he plays a game for 10 minutes or so, I'm guessed something was overheating....

It is one of the original PS3's with 60GB and the 4 USB's on the front, so it has done him well for a fair few years...

On the way to the local independent game shop that fixes consoles we go past the local Game shop and they are doing a really good deal on a brand new PS3 + FIFA 10..... hmm I have a cunning plan Baldrick.....

So we go home, wipe the HD on the PS3 and go and trade it in against the new PS3 and FIFA, they obviously test it out but it slipped my mind to tell them to wait 10 mins to watch it lock up :doh: so we get £110 off the new one... Im guessing it would have cost maybe £50 to fix :shrug:

Now I believe that if they are prepared to buy used consoles they probably check them out thoroughly and do any repairs, or will they just shove it in a box and flog it :dry:

Should I feel bad, or feel :dance:

Honestly, though many may not like to hear it, the right thing to do now is go back and inform him. If he charges you the differance, than pay it. That would be the right thing to do. :)

Folllow up a bad deed with a good one, that will expiate it :thumbs:

Even if we put everything aside just put yourself in his shoes, which im sure many of us have been in. ;)

Just think of that poor little kid who gets this for a potential xmas present.....imagine their joy of getting one on xmas day, now imagine their little faces when after 10 mins, it locks up as you have described.

Can you imagine how ruined their xmas will be?

Imagine their faces Dave, really think about it, their tears, how upset they wil be....

Priceless :shrug::lol:

Mate, I would've done exactly the same as you too, if they can't be bothered to check then they're clearly making too much profit already, Sursmaddave 1 shop 0. Result :D

Warning!!!! Do not buy ANYTHING from this man :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Harsh, but true :blush:

I broke my N64 years ago, so I got my old dear to order me one from a catalogue, it came, and swapped the broken one for the fixed one and sent it back to the catalogue. My reason for return was that it was broke :lol:

My brother in law always had really crappy cars and didnt see the point of buying a CD player for it as it would get pinched.... so whenever he went away on a long driver he would buy one from Argos then return it with in the 14 days when he got back :lol:

I remember this dodgy geezer who used to work with me years ago who had this ridiculous scam with HMV that went something like this;

- March in to HMV pick up 10 dvds,

- Take them to the counter and ask for a refund but tell them he'd lost the receipt but they're all still sealed.

- HMV minion advises he can only exchange as receipt lost.

- Exchanges for 10 dvds and walks out with a receipt!!

Some people are so hard faced its not true!

I remember this dodgy geezer who used to work with me years ago who had this ridiculous scam with HMV that went something like this;

- March in to HMV pick up 10 dvds,

- Take them to the counter and ask for a refund but tell them he'd lost the receipt but they're all still sealed.

- HMV minion advises he can only exchange as receipt lost.

- Exchanges for 10 dvds and walks out with a receipt!!

Some people are so hard faced its not true!

when i worked in a shop i used to pride myself on catching these tools :dry: and following people round the shop was always entertaining. you'll probably find its more that the staff just cant be bothered challenging him because they are on minimum wage