Can't get comfy

GruntBoy

I've had the Zed just over a month now, and I still can't get comfy in the seats :(

I'm 6" 3', and constantly feel like I need the seat to go back another inch or so, and down by about 3! I feel like I'm sitting on top of the seat, rather than in it, if that makes sense? I also feel like my head is lolling forward if I take one of my hands off the steering wheel, but if I put the seat further reclined I then feel like I'm starting to lie down. It's having both hands on the steering wheel which is pushing me back into the seat to make me semi comfortable, but that's not an ideal setup - to need the steering wheel to be pushing you back into your seat..

Not the easiest problem to explain, but anyone else struggle to get their seat set up correctly and is tall? Any suggestions at all please? As if I can't get comfy then I'll have to end up selling it, and I would be gutted :(

Im a similar height,and have struggled abit. When on a long journey my left foot goes on the foot rest,and my right leg is bent up with my knee resting on the door card. Seat is way back,and seat reclined abit. Iv fiddled with the knobs on the side of the seat,but find they dont really help.

I'm 6ft 4/5 and haven't had a problem however I can relate to the seating recline thing I seem to change it at least 3 times a week by an inch back and forth...!

The "Seatr Lifter" adjustments on the side of my chair that change the angle of the seat cushion itself took sometime for me to get right and I've ended up with a high front and a low rear which I've found quite supportive!

Not the greatest explanation ever on reflection but meh.

Cheers guys.

Yeah that's sort of how I've got it, higher at the front and lower at the back (the bottom part of the seat), but it's still not great.

Was hoping someone was going to say something along the lines of "Yeah, there's a mod where you install a new seat rack or something that lowers the seat down.."

If not, looks like I won't be keeping it too much longer, unless I can sort it some other way :(

I'm about 5' 10" and I don't find the seats that comfortable. Coiuld do with lumbar adjustment and steering wheel reach adjustment to make it properly comfortable. I'm constantly adjusting mine and never got in that comfortable.

Think I'm just fussy :dry:

I suppose if you're otherwise happy with the motor you could look into investing in a pair of aftermarket front seats and runners. :shrug:

5' 10" :D no probs for me, although my brother got in the passenger seat for a long drive some time back and complained that the floor was too high, as in his legs were stretched right out and not down. He didn't complain when we got there though, actually said it was quite comfortable. Ask Chris Jones how he finds the car though, he's a tall one! :lol:

At 6' 2" I have never found a problem in any of the 3 Zeds I have had - in fact I find the seating/steering adjustment gives great flexibility. After a 2300 mile up to Scotland and other parts in 2009 had no aches or any feeling of discomfort - in fact the ZED made the whole drive effortless - just one of its many strong points.

Be interested to hear what Will350Z says, as probabaly one of our tallest members at 6' 7" ;)

I know what you mean GruntBoy. No, I'm ok with the seat. I do find that at the end of a long drive my left leg is starting to numb up but I have a couple of mediacal problems which may account for this. Generaly I'm comfortable with the seat. It's an 06 roadstar and i really enjoy it, no probs with headroom either.(with the roof up :teeth: )

At 6' 2" I have never found a problem in any of the 3 Zeds I have had - in fact I find the seating/steering adjustment gives great flexibility. After a 2300 mile up to Scotland and other parts in 2009 had no aches or any feeling of discomfort - in fact the ZED made the whole drive effortless - just one of its many strong points.

Be interested to hear what Will350Z says, as probabaly one of our tallest members at 6' 7" ;)

I wouldn't call the Z an uncomfortable car but wouldn't put it in the class of a grand tourer or anything. It takes me a while to get comfortable, I'm not a large bloke 5' 10" and 12 stone but find that right hand side of the seat digs into my leg so i shuffle around allot.

When I first got the car i found that I was getting aches and pains in the back of my legs and the small of my back. It could just be a coincidence or just getting used to a different seating arrangement but stretching my legs daily has sorted that problem out.

On long drives though I find that i'm getting very very tired. I'm starting to get used to it now and don't feel as tired but initially i was shattered after a 4 -5 hr journey, something that i never experienced in any other car even after a 8 hour drive.

I'd give it some time as it took me about 3 months to get used to the car. I'm ok with it now and have had very few comfort issues for 6 hour journeys. My setup is to drop the back of the seat right down and the front of the seat right up using the seat adjuster knobs on the right hand side of the seat. I find that it drops me back into the seat and supports my legs which are straight. I'm not as tall as you are so this may not help.

I'm almost 6' 2" and also feel the 350Z seat is a bit high and doesn't quite go back far enough. Japanese cars are definitely biased towards shorter people... When I get in a Golf and put the seat all the way back I can barely touch the pedals!

My previous S14 200SX fitted me like a glove though... Position of the seat, wheel, pedals, handbrake, all perfect :thumbs: Shame it was noisy as hell :lol:

I know your pain at 6ft 7 i do have problems getting comfy in the zed. However its a far better state in the zed than the other cars i test drove. Went in to try an s2000 and tried to put up the hood and nearly got decapitated.

I find the best seating position is to move the seat forward (oddly enough) as far as i can without my knees touching the dash and then tilt the seat back as far as it will go. That way im reclined enough to avoid hitting my head on the roof bars (i have a roadster) and my bum is in the right place on the seat. Other option is to lop a few inches off my legs but i dont love the zed that much :). If i dont set the chair up like this i do get the feeling that my bum isnt where it should be on the seat though as does pinch and im fairly slim. I would imagine it would be more of a problem for wider rather than taller drivers

The Zed's not made for ubertalls. I'm 6'7" and asked the same seat question on here before manning up and getting a Z anyway. I just about fit but the seats aren't wide, low, far back enough really. I did find the manual seat in the non-GT UK car had more room, but not much more.

Once I'm driving i don't really notice it TBH, and after driving the Z I didn't want to get anything else :drive1

So basically, it's aftermarket seats or manual cloth Z seats for you my friend ;)

Leeroy...