Eyebrow/lid or not? with poor photoshop

Sam Mcgoo

I know these are a love or hate thing and most don't like them (usually including me). But on some Zeds they do look pretty mean and then I quite like them. Thing is I think it all depends on the look of the car to start with.

So......here is my very poor photoshop attempt to see what they may look like on mine. Would my car carry it off?

Without

12092010367.jpg

With

12092010367brow.jpg

Without

12092010368.jpg

with

12092010368eyebrow.jpg

What ya reckon? :thumbs: or :thumbdown:

I reckon a ZMANALEX black mesh grill, stick the numberplate straight to the bumper, lose the fried egg look to the lights by changing the indicator bulbs and possibly custom headlights......

The bulbs and mesh will set you back less than £25 quid and will transform the front end of the car. The plate on the bumper is free.

That's my 2p.

Its down to you really, if you like them then fill your boots. Personally not a fan. I thought you had some funky spoiler on your car in the first picture but then realised it was your wheelie bin!!!! :blush::bang:

I did the same thing,was only when i took a much closer look,i realised what it was. :lol:

Im sorry but i dont think they really work.

However really like your wheels. :cloud9:

Can you change the bulbs to clear ones,and still keep the orange indicator flash?

Yep.

Just PM'd Sarah and asked if i can have a set. Was thinking about this the other day. Im guessing they are not hard to change.

DEFINITELY :thumbdown:
No, no, no, and yes... don't do it. :)

I reckon a ZMANALEX black mesh grill, stick the numberplate straight to the bumper, lose the fried egg look to the lights by changing the indicator bulbs and possibly custom headlights......

The bulbs and mesh will set you back less than £25 quid and will transform the front end of the car. The plate on the bumper is free.

That's my 2p.

I have a set of bulbs to get rid of the 'fried eggs' waiting for me to fit along with LED sidelights, interior leds, numberplate leds and fog led. (I'm away working at the moment)

I have been considering the grill, just not decided on colour yet and weather to remove the OEM pieces or just mount it behind.

I'll have a search regarding the numberplate. Bumper off job I assume? There must be holes left behind yes?

they always look okay from a distance, but one I see pictures up close it just look like someone has stuck a bit of plastic to there lights. oh wait, they have!

I would steer clear myself, but if you like it then run with it!

That is my main concern. I actually do like the look they give but don't like the fact that up close they look like cheap add-ons. I suppose the only way to prevent that would be to fix/blend them into the bonnet.

I would have to say no, make the car look like it's frowning.

You mean growling? :evil:

Each to their own, personally looks great, go for it.
I think they are cool B)
no lids for me either! +1 for the mesh & bulbs & loving the supperleggera 3's

A mixed bag of opinions as expected. Thanks for your input. I'll have to have a think about it.

Just out of interest (I'll probably get flamed for this) has anyone tried a paint matched vinyl piece instead? I assume it would look really cheap and nasty but wonder if it would look better than the traditional ad-ons at it would stay flush to the bonnet?

That's my 2p.

I have a set of bulbs to get rid of the 'fried eggs' waiting for me to fit along with LED sidelights, interior leds, numberplate leds and fog led. (I'm away working at the moment)

I have been considering the grill, just not decided on colour yet and weather to remove the OEM pieces or just mount it behind.

I'll have a search regarding the numberplate. Bumper off job I assume? There must be holes left behind yes?

Good man!

I'd cut the original grill out and mount a black mesh one personally (but that's me!) as it will look different but wiithout looking chav.

The numberplate will leave holes but these will be covered up if you mount the plate back on in the same place just minus the black plastic.

***Sarnie photo whore opportunity***

i dont usually like them but some cars get away with it, i like biscuits zed

i would do as stew said mount the plate onto the bumper and some black mesh, u could even paint the middle of the bumper below th mesh black to finish it off

....hold on thats wot iv done lol :lol: il get u a pic