What is the lowest DTE reading you have had?

Maccaman

Well I got back from Mississippi on Tuesday morning and was running low on gas (what language you get after 2 weeks with the Yanks). Well I kept meaning to call in to Tesco to get some 99 Ron but carried on risking the DTE reading. This morning when I reached work it was saying 16 DTE but on leaving work it just became a dotted line. Fortunately, 9 miles later, I managed to reach the pumps & give "Macca" an eighty pound drink. Phew that was close, was bricking it all the way as the DTE reading never once changed from the dotted line. Anybody managed more than this?

I'm sure Sarnie had 60 miles out of ----

I put in 20 quid the other day (wanted to pay cash until I find out how much I spent on hols... :blush: after getting in the car on --- and doing 20 odd miles and quite a bit of city traffic. My £20 never even touched the quarter! :lol::lol:

Starting to feel like a real wus now, but got to admit I don't like sucking up the bottom of the tank.

Bottom of the tank is perfectly fine keith.....i drained my tank dry and opened it up. Nothing but shinyish metal staring back.

interesting!! all these lies they tell us :p

Starting to feel like a real wus now, but got to admit I don't like sucking up the bottom of the tank.

Bottom of the tank is perfectly fine keith.....i drained my tank dry and opened it up. Nothing but shinyish metal staring back.

Well that is good to hear, got to many bad memories of crap in the bottom from years ago.

There definitely seems to be differences in peoples readings, though that could just be people not going all the way. As said previously, the only way to tell is by how much you can put into the tank, or driving until you run out. Just worked out that I put in 67.85 litres, so had loads of juice left. Trouble now is, I will probably end up risking it in the future and end up stranded at the side of the road miles from a petrol station :blush:

mine went down to about 30 miles left before filling up with 67.64 litres. Are you sure they are 80 litre tanks cause that means i had 13 litres left???

during the journey i was starting to get a little worried cause every now and again (on steep inclines / declines) the display would read 8 or 9 miles remaining which would catch my eye and then on level ground would count up one by one back to 29 /30 miles remaining. The 30 miles readout stayed on the display for about 20 of the miles making me think there was a problem so i was waiting for it to cough and stall.

reading everyone else's comments it looks like i had nothing to worry about...

Tonight I had over 50 miles on the DTE, with about 390 on the trip since last fill up.

I put 61.5 litres in the tank. DTE went to 500

This tells me two things:

1: I should have been able to do another 114 miles until I ran dry (assuming tank can actually hold 80 litres)

2: I'm spending too much time driving on the motorway!

When the tank is low I play the game with the DTE. See if you can get where you're going with more miles on the DTE than when you left.

Maybe just me though! :blush:

The game where you set the speed of roads on the sat nav to 5mph more and then try to beat the eta is better :p