What is the lowest DTE reading you have had?

Maccaman

When the tank is low I play the game with the DTE. See if you can get where you're going with more miles on the DTE than when you left.

Maybe just me though! :blush:

you're not the only one :lol:

+1 :lol:

alao used to like playing DTE chicken

+2!

+3 I laugh every time I have been gaining miles yet using petrol. I think this is the way motoring should progress in the future.

Likewise with the Satnav, I love confusing it.... but then it got it's own back when I was travelling and said 480 mile journey is going to take 10 hours - I laughed in it's face - yet it took 11 hours.... the blasted thing was set to avoid toll roads!! :scare: My mate was not impressed when we left the standard motorway to go over the top of the mountains. I swiftly turned off the functionality to avoid toll roads!!

That DTE thing used to crack me up. I had something like 20 miles on the gauge in my old 350, drove to the petrol station it went down to 14 then while sitting on the forecourt not even moving it went to ---. The 370 just has that stupid triangle that reminds me of the warning triangle on Mercs when you break traction.

I've done about 40 miles with the ---- flashing.

There seems to be about 10 litres left in the tank when it starts flashing by my estimate and I do 7.6 km/l so 76km/47mile leeway.

This sounds reasonable for Nissan to build in a 50-mile safety buffer beceause this car was built for the US market. Having driven around Nevada/Arizona/Utah a few years back, there are a lot of areas where a petrol station 50 miles away would be the norm. :thumbs: