Auto Folding Mirrors Thread Removal

Beavis

seems to be an act of principal thing going on here right now... maybe you can pm me the howto and I'll pay you the 10£ and then I'll post it up here for free? :blush:

:band:

maybe if you put a kit together with the parts and a howto you'd be able to charge for it...for 25£ I dont know why not :dummy: btw pm me the price :dance:

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

seems to be an act of principal thing going on here right now... maybe you can pm me the howto and I'll pay you the 10£ and then I'll post it up here for free? :blush:

:band:

maybe if you put a kit together with the parts and a howto you'd be able to charge for it...for 25£ I dont know why not :dummy: btw pm me the price :dance:

haha, I'm not allowed to pm.

I have other members to think of aswell mate.

Alex

Cheers mate for pointing out the "first member with knowledge" didnt come true with the goods. :thumbs:

I guess your calling me the muppet lol :p ? I honestly don't understand how you can call it a "backyard" mod when you dont understang how it works. I'm guessing if you did you would have posted it by now right? I havent charged everyone only the people who think the mod is worth the £10 lol. Theres no knife making anyone buy it. everyone has the option to say no thanks.

How's the Honda? :teeth:

Alex

i use the term muppet as an endearing term; :teeth:

as for the reference to back yard engineering, that is what it is; its not a control unit box or anything special its a micro switch bonded in the direct path of the locking mechanism wired into the cars door wiring. nothing wrong with it; does the job as stated.

the original plan was a control module possible programmed with PICAXE or somethig similar designed to be a plug and play unit, also including other functions such as mirror change for reversing, and other functions. not really something that is back yard engineered.

i have the equipment to do this at work and i teach people how to use micro controller programming. but i do not have the time; inclination or the car to work on for it. not only that but if i was to manufacture a box it is as i'm sure you and your brother are aware, never going to be plug and play and would require people to have to cut into their wiring looms. this carries an inherant risk; if the modules for some reaosn fail or damage the car its a lot of finaincial issues coming back to bit you/me in the arse. and possibly why austin didn't finish off the project.

what you're brother has done is a good mod; and my issue is not with the mod but the sharing of it on the forum. you mention your build thread. would you have been able to do all those things if it wasn't for the guides others had already written on those issues.

if everyone put a fee on their knowledge the forum would be an empty place full of pointless threads and spamming with no real useful content.

its just not in the spirit of things. my 2p's worth

oh and the honda is going great. :thumbs: really been enjoying the summer and have a couple of track sessions lined up for it already.

People on the fourm sell the same types of items over and over again and there not traders. What makes it different for the people who are known for selling a certain item? I've bought an item of a member and they are known for selling this across the forum. I didnt want if for free, I paid and I'm happy with the purchase.

I have an idea I'll put forward to a Mod when I speak to them. If they agree and everything turns out good the details will be posted. In my eyes though theres more than the mods and me involved in this.

Alex

Who sells the same things repeatedly and isnt a trader?

I signed up to be a trader as i'd designed some LED reflectors and was making and selling them. Im not a trader in real life, i have a job, this was just a hobby. But for me to pay £25 to the club to continue selling them is totally fair.

And its fair enough if you've done the work you want some compensation for that, but to think you are entitled to sell just the info is crap - how many how-to's are there on here?? At least if you provided a kit like anders said, then it would be alright, but even then you'd have to be a trader.

People on the fourm sell the same types of items over and over again and there not traders. What makes it different for the people who are known for selling a certain item? I've bought an item of a member and they are known for selling this across the forum. I didnt want if for free, I paid and I'm happy with the purchase.

I have an idea I'll put forward to a Mod when I speak to them. If they agree and everything turns out good the details will be posted. In my eyes though theres more than the mods and me involved in this.

Alex

:headhurt:

I hope Alex you get to sort this all out for yourself.

Mate just pay the fee and stop being such a cheap b*st4rd. Honestly there's no point having guys like you on the forum. Your not worth any contribution to the forum at all except scrounging bits when it suits you then charging others for stuff. Reminds me of a guy from a tv show called still game called tam :lol:

Alex

if your talking about my vinyl sales, you are right i was never a trader, like you i didn't see my self as a business and didn't want ot be one. i instead made several donations to the club which were more than the traders fee in the first place. that of course was between me and the mods, but in the spirit of an open forum (and i'm sure others have wondered) i thought i'd post it.

i've gained alot from the forum; so only thought it fair to give something back; that was partly my skills which club members got at a very reduced rate. and the club got donations from me. i no longer do the work as i don't have the time and haven't sold anything via pm since i poseted up the end of my making about 4 months ago.

hope that helps clear up any uncertain issues for everyone :thumbs:

pressMe.jpg

you getting into trouble for that one? :wacko:

Have to say I like the sarcasm in some of the posts, don't understand why you don't agree to pay a traders free other then out of pure principal at this stage. It's fine in my book if you don't and it's also fine in my book to charge for some work you've done if others want to copy it and use it for themselves. But I don't think you're joining into the member spirit of this forum by charing, I bet thats one of the reasons you joined so you can traverse through loads of threads giving information... I know... for FREE :scare: so why not just post this mystical wiring diagram for the public to see and be done with it. :teeth:

4 smilies on one page! Is Andlid taking over where Mark left off? :lol:

+1

He wont be for long if he carries on ;)

In my eyes though theres more than the mods and me involved in this.

Alex

Nope no one else involved. Its just the trader fee issue ;)

I always fold my mirrors so thought I would give this a go, £10 for the how to plus a shopping list so you get the right bits, great for anyone that isn't that clued up on these things.

I don't understand why you don't give something back to the forum though, it's a great mod so why not either pay the trader fee then make the relays up and sell them with the guide?

You must have made a few £ now and I for one wouldn't be bothered if the info appeared for free tomorrow :shrug:

I've read a lot of your threads and you seem a decent bloke, and I don't think you intentionally went out to screw anyone, just do the right thing now and all will be forgiven

Alex

if your talking about my vinyl sales, you are right i was never a trader, like you i didn't see my self as a business and didn't want ot be one. i instead made several donations to the club which were more than the traders fee in the first place. that of course was between me and the mods, but in the spirit of an open forum (and i'm sure others have wondered) i thought i'd post it.

i've gained alot from the forum; so only thought it fair to give something back; that was partly my skills which club members got at a very reduced rate. and the club got donations from me. i no longer do the work as i don't have the time and haven't sold anything via pm since i poseted up the end of my making about 4 months ago.

hope that helps clear up any uncertain issues for everyone :thumbs:

I didnt know about the above but thanks for pointing it out. :thumbs:

Glad the car is running well. :thumbs:

4 smilies on one page! Is Andlid taking over where Mark left off? :lol:

+1

He wont be for long if he carries on ;)

In my eyes though theres more than the mods and me involved in this.

Alex

Nope no one else involved. Its just the trader fee issue ;)

If you give me some way to contact you we can talk. I dont mind if its face to face, phone, e-mail or text.

Thanks for everyones input on this.. :thumbs:

would you have been able to do all those things if it wasn't for the guides others had already written on those issues.

This is one of the main points for me. If you 100% developed the mod without referancing any meterial published on here for free by enthuasts then feel free to charge for it. I'm pretty sure you have used knowledge gained from the forum to help sort the design.

Personally its the whole ethos of it thats not so great. This forum is all about helping others, I know I and many others do it. Answering PM after PM on how to fix stuff. Providing guides on what you need, how to wire it. This is all done out of the love of modding/cars. If you want to charge for what you have done - this is fine but you are 100% a trader.

would you have been able to do all those things if it wasn't for the guides others had already written on those issues.

This is one of the main points for me. If you 100% developed the mod without referancing any meterial published on here for free by enthuasts then feel free to charge for it. I'm pretty sure you have used knowledge gained from the forum to help sort the design.

Personally its the whole ethos of it thats not so great. This forum is all about helping others, I know I and many others do it. Answering PM after PM on how to fix stuff. Providing guides on what you need, how to wire it. This is all done out of the love of modding/cars. If you want to charge for what you have done - this is fine but you are 100% a trader.

+1

My e-mail is in my profile but as far as I am concerned its a simple yes or no to wether you pay a traders fee. We do not see the need to advise every member of who pays a traders fee on here. If they trade they pay. End of.

You assume some dont, it doesnt happen. :)

My e-mail is in my profile but as far as I am concerned its a simple yes or no to wether you pay a traders fee. We do not see the need to advise every member of who pays a traders fee on here. If they trade they pay. End of.

You assume some dont, it doesnt happen. :)

+1

My email is in my profile too :)

OK I will answer your points on here for the sake of other members.

You say that you dont see why you have to be a trader as then when you sell the mod someone can then post up the mod and you will lose out. As you admit you have already sold some of the diagrams for £10 and this hasnt happened what would you paying the member traders fee change. If as you state members are happy to pay then you have a market.

I cant read through your PMs, they are "Personal Messages" and that the way they stay.

We charge a member for trading as soon as its apparent they have gone beyond selling their own surplus parts. There are a lot of people on here who fall into this category. We know who they are and you will see them post in the member traders area if they wish.

A lot of people put time and effort into this place for no return and its how the place functions.

It would be very helpful if you posted the mod in the guides section but i am afraid I cant check who you have already dealt with so you will have to contact them for their permission.

Happy to post up your full e-mail if you want. :)

I have this mod and its fantastic, really good.

I didnt mind paying the initial tenner because it was to "pay" his brother. However i believe the debt has been repaided. I feel alexz should post it up for free. I am not bothered about other people getting it for free and i paid and i doubt if anyone else will be bothered. I paid for the exclusivity of it.

This is a great mod and would be a shame if it didn't get the recognistion it deserved.

:thumbs: