Auto Folding Mirrors Thread Removal

Beavis

And here we go again, someone trading on the forum without being a trader. This is totally unfair to the rest of the traders that pay for the priviledge of doing business via the club.

The excuse "we just want something in return for our initial hard work" does not wash. I guess it's just the same as haynes manuals then. They aren't trading or selling those books as a way to make money are they, their just getting something back for their initial efforts of writing all those instructions right?

Pull the other one, it's got bells on it.

Pm & email permissions to be removed.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

+1 on the first post

I really dont understand why you dont pay the traders fee and may be offer these projects in kit form for other members to buy, you would soon recuperate the fee back in sales and make some money for yourselves if you did this ;)

And imho the wiring diagram for this should be made freely available so other members who are quite handy can have a go at this themselves so in keeping with the true spirit of the forum. :)

A lot of hard work by the team goes into the organisation of meets and drive outs for the members sometimes at a personal cost to themselves but we dont charge you because you want to go to Wales for example!!

what did i miss? is that the stupidly long thread with a long list of people who wanted folding and dipping etc when locking or reversing the car.

the same one Austin was going to do somethnig but then vansihed off the face of the earth, and the same thread where some other muppet got their brother to do a backyard mod and then charged every one for the privilege.

has it been brought back to life by the same person or someone new?

The thread is aimmed directly at me.

My brother and I first designed the mod to "Auto fold the mirrors of key remote" after a thread on this fourm with a list of 30-40 people asking for this mod. The thread had been running for a couple of years and no one on the fourm could seem to figure it out. Every member on the list had money waiting because another member claimed they had made it possible. The first member never came up with a solution and never posted again on the forum regarding this.

I posted all the info and images I understood on the forum at the early stages (this wasnt a geart deal if you didnt understand wiring and I don't) for anyone to see and help them with the mod.

My brother took my car apart and together we sorted the wiring to make it happen. I then wrote a how to guide with images etc etc and offered it to the people on the list for a donation/fee of £10. Some members requested they wanted the mod and where willing to pay.

Plenty of member were happy to pay the £10, there happy with the quality mod, info and time I have offered. They now have folding mirror as requested and I have 100% positive feed back.

The forum "Mods" contacted me and recommened if I plan to use the forum to keep pushing my mirror mod I should pay and sign up as a trader. I explained I'm not a trader I dont have a company and I agreed to stop pushing the mod on the forum.

Over the last couple of months members have approched me via pm asking if they can have the details. I have explained that other members have paid and its only fair everyone does. I havent pushed the mod myself, members have found me and wanted the mod. I have posted on the fourm after members have fitted the mod and are happy "Well done, glad your happy".

I spend time and effort to help all members on the forum via my "progress thread" and advise were I can give it. Read the thread and many member are happy with the effort that it takes etc. I dont have any issues with the mods or other traders and I understand every one wants the mod for free.

This mod has been about for months now and eveyone on the fourm knows its possible to achive what everyone wants. All someone has to do is figure it out, everyone know it needs two relays and a microswitch from the first images I posted. When someone can be bothered to put the effort in my brother did there wont be this issuse with members wanting the details and happy to pay for them

If a mod would like to send me a pm with a contact number on I will talk to anyone to try and sort this.

Again the member conatced me for the info I didnt post or chase anyone for anything.

what did i miss? is that the stupidly long thread with a long list of people who wanted folding and dipping etc when locking or reversing the car.

the same one Austin was going to do somethnig but then vansihed off the face of the earth, and the same thread where some other muppet got their brother to do a backyard mod and then charged every one for the privilege.

has it been brought back to life by the same person or someone new?

Cheers mate for pointing out the "first member with knowledge" didnt come true with the goods. :thumbs:

I guess your calling me the muppet lol :p ? I honestly don't understand how you can call it a "backyard" mod when you dont understang how it works. I'm guessing if you did you would have posted it by now right? I havent charged everyone only the people who think the mod is worth the £10 lol. Theres no knife making anyone buy it. everyone has the option to say no thanks.

How's the Honda? :teeth:

Alex

Even though u have put in time and effort, there's thousands of how to's on here which people put effort into and posted up publicly for free as that's what the forums about, so in reality unless your fitting the parts or doing work yourself your only providing a how to. To be honest it seems bad practice for a forum a that why people are members. Most people contribute it different ways as part of the club.

you should just pay the most basic members fee, you'd get the money back in a heartbeat as you could advertise the mod if that's the direction you wanted to go.

Not sure if you read the above post...When I spoke to the mods in the past I agreeded to stop posting on the forum about the mod. I have stuck to this and people have approched me.

Without sounding rude or direct everyone talks you up big with electric's etc on the fourm and you seem to have a forward view on this. Why dont you make the mod and post if for free? :shrug:

All will be well then and people wont offer to pay us for what we have achived.

Alex

Even though u have put in time and effort, there's thousands of how to's on here which people put effort into and posted up publicly for free as that's what the forums about, so in reality unless your fitting the parts or doing work yourself your only providing a how to. To be honest it seems bad practice for a forum a that why people are members. Most people contribute it different ways as part of the club.

If you check the "How To Guides" you'll see Mods have posted my guides from my "progress thread" to help others.

I didnt design or come up with the mod, yes my car was used by my brother. I wouldnt have a clue were to start with something so complex.

Feel free to try yourself but I couldnt make it work.

Alex

People on the fourm sell the same types of items over and over again and there not traders. What makes it different for the people who are known for selling a certain item? I've bought an item of a member and they are known for selling this across the forum. I didnt want if for free, I paid and I'm happy with the purchase.

I have an idea I'll put forward to a Mod when I speak to them. If they agree and everything turns out good the details will be posted. In my eyes though theres more than the mods and me involved in this.

Alex