most economical way to drive the Z in the city?

Dr.TuB

All I know is don't shift till you get that sexy exhaust note, then wait a little longer then shift. Ooooo still gives me pleasure.

Umm just read that again and it sounds kinda wrong.

:lol::lol: couldnt agree more tho, thats how it should be driven

should have bought a PRIUS if economy is what your after.

+1

:lol::lol::lol:

+ another one!!!!!! :lol:

My last few visits to the petrol station were sooooooooooooo frightening :headhurt: I decided to drive my zed a little bit more sedately...didn't last long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He didn't like having tt's beat him at traffic lights and I missed him ggggggggggggrowling!!! :yahoo:

3.2k accelerate to 3.9k decelerate to 3.2k accelerate to 3.9k decelerate to 3.2k accelerate to 3.9k decelerate to 3.2k accelerate to 3.9k decelerate to 3.2k accelerate to 3.9k decelerate to 3.2k accelerate to 3.9k decelerate to 3.2k accelerate to 3.9k decelerate to 3.2k accelerate to 3.9k decelerate to 3.2k accelerate to 3.9k decelerate to 3.2k accelerate to 3.9k etc etc etc repeat :D

The best economic performance is when a car reaches maximum torque I believe, read the section in the manual about how to set what revs the gear change light comes on at - I think it says set it to 4500rpm for max torque.

(And no I haven't read the whole manual... just wanted to know how to change the rev light settings)

There's a factory set shift light that tell you when to change gear ;)

It's user-set, not factory set ;)

i was told that the most economical way to drive any car is when the torque intersects with the hp in a dyno graph... is this correct?

No. 95% of all dyno plots will have them intersect at 5252rpm.

There's a factory set shift light that tell you when to change gear ;)

It's user-set, not factory set ;)

i was told that the most economical way to drive any car is when the torque intersects with the hp in a dyno graph... is this correct?

No. 95% of all dyno plots will have them intersect at 5252rpm.

Aren't they set to a standard RPM at the factory? I thought it was something like 6500? I haven't played with it, it is just visual isn't it? I mean it doesn't allow the car to rev any higher? I know I should search ;)