Insurance for 23yo on 58 350z?

sidekickdmr

That's quite high considering you are the same age as me. The year of the Zed surely doesn't affect your premium by such an amount. For example myself; 23 y/o, 3 yrs NCB, 53 plate, roughly £950.

Outside of the normal mad insurance statistics they use, I think its probably more on the "book" value of the car than the actual year. When I got my 2007 313 350z Roadster, the insurance companies went mad and the cheapest quotes I was getting was around the £1200. I managed to get it down to £900. Thats for a 40 year old, clean licence, 20 years NCB living in a quiet town cul-de-sac. I was amazed. As the Golf GTI I had previously was only costing me about £190 a year and my Yamaha R1 was costing me £60 a year. I could only assume it was because the 350z was coming in at about £16,000 as the book value.

Interestingly though ive just renewed the insurance on my 123d beemer and thats coming in at a fraction over 300 quid, for a car they have given a "book" value of £25,000 on. But, its the m-sport coupe, so statistically less have been crashed or claimed for as there arnt as many on the roads atm as 350z`s.

I'm sorry but I hate posts like this. How are we supposed to know who will be cheaper for you?

We don't know if you're male/female, where you live, where it's parked, how long you've had a license, if you have any convictions, claims or non motoring offences etc etc

Go to the usual go compare, compare the market, money supermarket etc and put your info in. Our crystal balls will give us nothing I'm afraid!

Good luck :thumbs:

• Like 1

i'm a 27yr old female, 56 plate 350z, 8yrs no claims and i pay just over £500 a year, but have added my mum and my boyfriend to the policy to bring down costs, which helped loads!! I use diamond at the moment (part of the admiral group) but next time i'll renew through compare the market so i can get a meerkat toy.... :lol::D

Sorry I stopped reading after 'boyfriend' :lol:

Lol.

:blush:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Just seen this!!!

That is pretty cheap, especially as all the majors raised their policies by an average 40% within the last year. Their are old guys (my stepdad) who learnt to drive with Fred Flintstone & Barney Rubble. He pays just under £175 on a brand new Fiesta. THe insurance industry is no longer run amongst itselfs, a lot have been bought out by venture capitalists to be run on a profit, sod the cost, The days of staying loyal to a company are long gone. You really have to shop around now. It's a totally different world than 5 years ago. SAM

i'm a 27yr old female, 56 plate 350z, 8yrs no claims and i pay just over £500 a year, but have added my mum and my boyfriend to the policy to bring down costs, which helped loads!! I use diamond at the moment (part of the admiral group) but next time i'll renew through compare the market so i can get a meerkat toy.... :lol::D

Sorry I stopped reading after 'boyfriend' :lol:

Lol.

:blush:

:dry: bad!

re the OP - all you can do is shop around - doubt you will find cheaper than Admiral - suggest you stick your Mum on there :thumbs:

• 3 weeks later...

Turned 26 in September, 6 years no claims, no points or convictions. Car parked in secured garage in posh part of Cardiff. Homeowner, driven all over the world (USA, Cambodia, Malaysia, Cyprus etc...) Elephant wanted £1200 at renewal so I went searching. AXA came in at £835. Told elephant and they matched it, no questions.

The game seems silly to me. Tomorrow I'm calling up some of the dudes the forum recommends, I really want the costs down to around £600 I don't think having a 57 313 coupe in black helps (I've heard colour can often factor into insurance quotes)

Good luck!

I've used Admiral very recently at 24 on a 56 plate 350z. Although i've owned a few S2000's etc so have experience with the platform they didn't ask that.

The 350z with Admiral, 3 points, 6 years NCB came in at £720.00 which beat everyone else by miles! That was over the phone, not through a comparison site.

im 22 and I got mine for 860 per annum mines an 07 and I have 4 points!!! must be your postcode lol just to say I have 6 years NCB and it was with admiral Multicar with my partner whos 23 and been driving just two years.

Edited by Seabee

• 4 weeks later...

To link back to the original question/post, I feel Admiral are the best for younger drivers. They've always been good for me, as a 24yr old, with 3pts and 2 claims on a 57 plate 313bhp Z, they gave me £800 for 10 months (but you get a year no claims at the end).

Just tread carefully with Admiral, any changes made upon the policy, ensure you have them in writing. Last year I had a muti car policy for the zed & merc. I phoned them to remove the zed only from the policy as they wouldn`t insure the SC mods & they said they would refund me the prepaid monies remaining on the policy. This was in April, I later sold my merc in August & phoned to change the policy over to the new motor to find that the clown had cancelled my entire policy & I had been driving around technically uninsured for months :scare:

Can`t beat going to a broker. You can talk to a real human being, normally the same one each time & tailor your insurance to your specific needs @ a surprisingly good rate considering the far superior service they provide.

That seems OK. As something to compare to, almost exactly a year ago, when i was 23, i paid £800 with admiral for an 05 DE engined car. That was with 3 points for speeding. However that was with 6 years no-claims, my step-dad on as a named driver, (brought the price down a couple of hundred and he borrows it sometimes) and i live in a place where i could leave the car running with the doors open over night and nobody would steal it.

Strangely it has gone down about 150 quid this year even though i have declared uprated brakes, a full exhaust system and a spoiler.

However i'm still getting mugged for the 3 points that aren't even on my licence anymore!!! :angry::rant::surrender: