2 bucket method alternative

LRF4N

i had never heard of the 2 bucket method until i joined this forum. as much as i can understand it i never quite liked it, felt a bit messy and still didnt have a clean mitt when doing it. i much prefer to just rinse the mitt with the hose under finger pressure and i get much better results. mitt is spottless every time and the water seems so much cleaner after washing 2 cars, sometimes even 3.

dont get me wrong iv never used a grit guard but i think this works so much better and less hassle. i always have the hose running when i wash the car anyway cos i dont like the shampoo drying on the car so i rinse after every few panels

does anyone else do it this way?

05092010720.jpg

i'm tempted to invest in a water butt, rain water is excellent for cleaning the car as it doesn't leave water marks and its free :teeth:

and you can run it through a pressure washer, buy just filling a bucket with it and running a hose from the bucket to the pump. or run the hose direct to the butt.

Yup, with you there, I always use one bucket and rinse the sponge.

I start with blasting with a pressure washer before the shampoo, start from the roof and work my way round the car gradually going down if that makes sense. I always do the wheels last and use the same car shampoo bucket, I never use wheel cleaning spays.

I then give it a wipe down to dry it, clean all the windows inside and out with window spay and finish up by polishing. once the polish has dried and i've buffed it off I always give the windows a quick buff with the same cloth (the cloth with dried on polish). I find that once it rains the water runs straight off the glass. Make sure you don't get any wet polish on the windows as this can go hazy when wet making it very difficult to see out.

It's practically the same as the two bucket method, but the two bucket method uses alot less water :lol:

and better lol

I've just come in from a three hour wash and wax session - much easier to use hose for rinsing mitt :thumbs:

3 Hour session...............I hope the hose wasn't on for all of that otherwise your water bill will be HUGE! :cry::cry::cry:

I start with blasting with a pressure washer before the shampoo, start from the roof and work my way round the car gradually going down if that makes sense. I always do the wheels last and use the same car shampoo bucket, I never use wheel cleaning spays.

I never "blast" a dry car with the pressure washer, any loose dirt or sand will potenially cause swirls.

Snowfoam a dry car > Blasting a dry car

It's practically the same as the two bucket method, but the two bucket method uses alot less water :lol:

and better lol

I've just come in from a three hour wash and wax session - much easier to use hose for rinsing mitt :thumbs:

3 Hour session...............I hope the hose wasn't on for all of that otherwise your water bill will be HUGE! :cry::cry::cry:

lol we dont get water bills in the scottish lands :lol:

I never "blast" a dry car with the pressure washer, any loose dirt or sand will potenially cause swirls.

Snowfoam a dry car > Blasting a dry car

Can't say I've had the swirling issue with any car I've owned. Lucky I love and have always owned Silver cars I guess :teeth:

I always find these washing threads funny - nice to know there are plenty of OCD geeks around not just me! :lol:

I started to use the 2 bucket method are joining this forum and its fine and cheaper than water on all the time but each to their own - there is probably a 4 bucket and 3 wash mitt method :lol::lol: Lifes too short... :)

I always find these washing threads funny - nice to know there are plenty of OCD geeks around not just me! :lol:

I started to use the 2 bucket method are joining this forum and its fine and cheaper than water on all the time but each to their own - there is probably a 4 bucket and 3 wash mitt method :lol::lol: Lifes too short... :)

How true :lol:

I don't use two buckets, but I do use snowfoam twice tho, first shoot is with snowfoam, second shoot is with Meg's carwash, only one bucket needed

Since starting to use Snowfoam, I've rarely used the two buckets. I do use a grit guard, though, and I rinse the mitt if I think it is picking up any dirt. :thumbs:

Having said that, I wash the car so often that it hardly ever has any significant dirt on it! My neighbours worry about my sanity. :scare: