About to pop my cherry

rancer

Hi all,

Im in the market for a 350Z at the moment - test drove one yesterday and fell a bit in love with it!

I've currently got a 51 plate Thunder Grey Toyota Celica 190 that i'll be sad to see go, but the step up in power cannot be ignored!

29052009373.jpg

Thats before the wheels and skirts went on - cant find a current picture unbelievably!

The car I drove yesterday is this cheeky little Fairlady Z imported onto an 05 plate (hoping that should see it on the low tax brakets)

z3.jpg

z2.jpg

z1.jpg

I believe it is a special edition car? Is it a GT4 or the JDM version of? No Satnav and I don't think it has heated seats.

Took it for a test drive and it was lovely. You seem to be sitting higher up than I would have thought. Then again my Celica is lowered so my a**e scrapes the ground in that! Doesn't feel as frantic as the Celica but its certainly quick.

Has an aftermarket 'JSW' exhaust on it, dual exit, burnt tip. Nice sound to it but not too loud. Having said that I have a Invidia on my Celica so not many things are loud by comparison!

Stupidly I didn't pop the bonnet so im not sure if theres mods in there or not.

Gear stick had a noticeable vibration to it when driving, is this normal for the Zed? The Celicas is quite stable by comparison.

The wheels will need some refurb work as they have been kerbed in places and there is a small 50p sized shallow dent on one of the panels - seller says he can get that sorted out though.

Might test drive a couple more to use as a marker.

Love the two tone seats on it though.

It's up for £9450 but when I mentioned the exhause and that its an import the guy said he would come down on the price and may consider a part ex for the Celica which would make my life easier (once I de-mod and sell bits).

Welcome to the forum :wave:

Looks like simply JDM with re-trimmed seats, aftermarket exhaust and wheels to me....imported onto an 05 plate but what year of manufacture? - Depends on mileage but needs to be much nearer the £9k or below mark.

The gear stick vibration is normal - EVO called their first 350z test car the Ginger Tingler for that very reason ;)

The gear stick vibration is normal - EVO called their first 350z test car the Ginger Tingler for that very reason ;)

Beat me to it Vik. It was one of the reports I read prior to buying mine.

For me the fact that VBH says it is one of her favourite cars of all time. Annoying or not depending or your view point, she is a bloody good driver. I'm old enough to remember seeing her racing on the club circuit.

Agreed the Celica is WAAYY behind the Z is terms of err.. well everything actually. Accept the seats, but less of excuse to take heavy passengers.

Welcome to the forum, hope the hunt goes well.

Bradders

Thanks all - its down as a 35th anniversary edition on the docs the seller has if that sheds any light on it? Listed as 300bhp.

Im not fussed if it is a special edition or not, though it would be nice if it was I guess. Didn't see any "5 of 500" type plates anywhere but wasn't looking too hard and wouldn't know where to look regardless.

I was thinking i'd be aiming under the £9k mark

Not sure exactly when it was made, but it was imported after only 3000 ish kilometers so likely 04 or 05.

I have been looking at a couple of the cars for sale here too. The gunmetal grey GT is nice!

Of course Gun Metal is nice! It is actually listed by Nissan as the coolest colour the Z came in and Jeremy Clarkson says so too, so it must be right.

It won an award at the recent GQ awards as the coolest colour for a car too.

Many here will tell you otherwise, but they will be lying.

Bradders.

p.s And its the fastest. GM is worth at least another 6 -7 mph and 20-30 bhp. Again don't listen to the non-believers.

I had the same problem with the gear stick on my RX8 - according to the RX forums the rather perverse reason is something to do with the gear stick being directly attatched to a tranny!!!! I would assume its the same for the Zed.

Its not as bad in the Zed though........RX was like shifting with a Rampant Rabbit!

However its actually an Ultra Yellow 35th Anniversary edition.

I take it the Ultra Yellow doesn't refer to the colour of the car? The seller was talking about it being a 35th Anniversary edition so that matches up.

Is there info on those somewhere?

I like to know what im buying!

Busy sorting insurance now. Strangely, even with JDM and exhaust declared Admiral and Bell are coming out cheaper than Sky (my current insurers).

Someone can come on and correct me but as I understand it GT4 was the UK name for the 35th Anniversary. Apart from the usual differences between JDMs and UKs they are both the same except the for the plate inside (the * of 176)

And yes my car is the lovely 'ultra yellow' !

DSC00709.jpg

Someone can come on and correct me but as I understand it GT4 was the UK name for the 35th Anniversary. Apart from the usual differences between JDMs and UKs they are both the same except the for the plate inside (the * of 176)

And yes my car is the lovely 'ultra yellow' !

DSC00709.jpg

Different engine parts as well. The GT4's Engine was a test bed for the next update to the 350z.

:welcome:

It is a 35th Anniversary edition which was virtually the same as the UK GT4. Both varietys come in UY and Kuro but the JDM also came in GM too.

It will have the 296bhp MY06 engine too.

Thanks for the info, good to know! The MY06 engine is the tuneable rev-up one I keep seeing mentioned?

As for getting someone local to look it over, that would be brilliant if someone is willing to do that. It's located in Seaham, near Sunderland. There would be a couple of beers in it for them!