How many Z's did you see before you found the one?

jollyranchers

Yup I was lucky enough to get mine for my 21st Bday.... complete surprise. My dad has worked bloody hard and wanted to give me the things he never had when he was my age. Your problem being?

Considering how much I have spent on my zed......... I could have prob bought a wee s2000 as a run around car ;)

Yup I was lucky enough to get mine for my 21st Bday.... complete surprise. My dad has worked bloody hard and wanted to give me the things he never had when he was my age. Your problem being?

Considering how much I have spent on my zed......... I could have prob bought a wee s2000 as a run around car ;)

Jay i've been around long enough to remember when you got it; and how was just helping add to the story :thumbs:

as for the wee run around they cost the same as a zed ;) and if you get one yourself, come down to north weald with me and i'll show you how to drive it as well ;)

Yup I did indeed lol. Tell me about it, I knew I was getting a car but I thought it was going to be a hyundi coupe :blush: So you can imagine the surprise I got when I woke up in the morning and saw there was a 350z sitting in my drive :scare::yahoo::yahoo::thumbs::lol:

Yup I was lucky enough to get mine for my 21st Bday.... complete surprise.

Now that's an impressive birthday gift... good on your old man! :thumbs:

Mine was the second I viewed. Depends on the luck of the draw in terms of what you view I guess..?

Actually I didn't go with the intention of buying... just to look. I was initially after a black or Azure but when I saw it in silver I thought it looked amazing... the rest checked out so I bought it.

Jay i've been around long enough to remember when you got it; and how was just helping add to the story :thumbs:

as for the wee run around they cost the same as a zed ;) and if you get one yourself, come down to north weald with me and i'll show you how to drive it as well ;)

HAHA biscuit I have heard from a source that you could do with some driving lessons on the track :blush:;) I will never get an s2000 mate, just not my thing, although there is a gorgeous liquid yellow one up north which is stunning. Anyways, I dont want to clog up the thread.... soz op

:lol:

Seriously, you got a Zed for your birthday?? Lucky B!! :scare:

So did i :D it just had a keyring attached to it :blush:

I seriously considered 4 since mid 2009 and test drove 3 of them, but viewed a few more along the way for perspective. I looked at 06/7's I couldn't afford, some of which were in no better condition then earlier models with less miles. I saw a very nice 06 facelift, but it was right at the very limit of what I could afford. I paid a holding fee on a Super Charged 04, but had to walk away as the history was suspect. Fortunately for me, a very tidy GM Alezan 04 with good milage turned up for sale in my backyard, I viewed it, haggled a lot, in the end the price was good and I saved enough for some mods so I drove it 150 miles back to work the next day! What a journey... :drive1

Aaw quite a few love at first Z posts here. :D:drive1

Bit different, as way back in 2004, I'd been looking at them & researching since 2003 (when the pre-orders arrived), test drove quite a few at dealers, all blue ones funnily enough, bar one gunmetal. One absolutely shocking black one with the orange leather, was in very ROUGH condition for the whole 5 months old it was. Poor very beaten up car, both the panels, the interior and shocking state of the engine bay.

Anyway, it didn't deter me, and after a bit of back and forth, funny story, ordered my Touring spec, with premise to ordering the Track spec to go with it, all being well (had dramas with this one from new, so Track spec I dismissed idea of). After much mucking around, as they couldn't find a Le Mans Sunset with the charcoal leather, a week later they found one. Lol, ie, I guess they'd taken the charcoal seats out of another Sunset, to put in my one (as suggested by me as they're all brand spanking new, doesn't matter). So 6 years, 4 months later, Z and I still enjoy going out for a spin. :drive1

I was reckless.

I wanted a Zed badly on a whim after I saw an Azure Coupe in Germany. Searched tinterweb and found a 2006 with 14000 on the clock for sale from a second hand dealer in Mansfield. Within a day I'd obtained a loan, booked a oneway flight from Germany and packed my overnight bag. I flew to Birmingham and jumped on a train to Mansfield (I had absolutely no contingency plan for getting back to Germany as I'd set my sights on buying a Zed I'd not seen in the flesh). Walked into the showroom and she was sitting there. OMFG! I had that feeling I'd not had since I was a kid on Xmas morning. Pure excitement! The fella threw me the keys and let me take it out on my own. SOLD! Once I was back, I handed him my debit card and the rest is history.

Tipped up at Dover, bought a ferry ticket and was away back to Germany. Hit the Autobahn and bottled it at 150mph.

I hadn't researched the Zed whatsoever and luckily, and by the grace of the big man, I'd bought a corker and Facelift to boot which I only found out about after joining a certain forum when i got back to Germany to research headlights - Now that's another ball breaking, expensive story!

2 months and I'll be reunited with my baby. :clap:

I looked at...1!

At the time it was the only black 350z GT under 20K (but quite a chunk) but after meeting the owner and finding out it was a family car and they were getting divorced I realised they needed to shift it ASAP. I was blinkered when i went to look at it. As it was my first 'real' car I just loved it and so missed a few things like just how baldy the wheels were, a 1" ding in the buttom middle bit of the bumper. That said overall it was a good car.

4 years on it was the best decision i have made. At the time mine was only 2 years old so being so young there were less 'major' things to keep and eye out for. If I was looking now for one of an older age (like a friend is) then I would be much more thorough.

I was reckless.

I wanted a Zed badly on a whim after I saw an Azure Coupe in Germany. Searched tinterweb and found a 2006 with 14000 on the clock for sale from a second hand dealer in Mansfield. Within a day I'd obtained a loan, booked a oneway flight from Germany and packed my overnight bag. I flew to Birmingham and jumped on a train to Mansfield (I had absolutely no contingency plan for getting back to Germany as I'd set my sights on buying a Zed I'd not seen in the flesh). Walked into the showroom and she was sitting there. OMFG! I had that feeling I'd not had since I was a kid on Xmas morning. Pure excitement! The fella threw me the keys and let me take it out on my own. SOLD! Once I was back, I handed him my debit card and the rest is history.

Tipped up at Dover, bought a ferry ticket and was away back to Germany. Hit the Autobahn and bottled it at 150mph.

I hadn't researched the Zed whatsoever and luckily, and by the grace of the big man, I'd bought a corker and Facelift to boot which I only found out about after joining a certain forum when i got back to Germany to research headlights - Now that's another ball breaking, expensive story!

2 months and I'll be reunited with my baby. :clap:

Hahah, you nutter! I don't think anyone can beat that story.. :lol:

I wanted one for almost a year and checked ebay/Autotrader/Pistonheads almost daily (even though at the beginning I couldn't even afford it...)

Then in Feb saw the car I wanted, low mileage, excellent condition, great price - so I drove 300miles to see it. Bought it the same day, left my old car parked outside their house :byebye: and drove my new 350z 300miles back home the same day!

Only saw 1 car and bought it too.

Broke up with my fiancee on the Saturday spent Sunday and Monday maudling, crying and cancelling the wedding etc. Pulled myself together Monday evening and thought right it's time to get a zed so first thing Tuesday scoured the net for a suitable car. Found what looked the best example a UK 04 Kuro GT with 39000 on the clock priced at £11,500, the only problem was that the dealer was a 570 mile round trip away so not really viable to view before purchase! So took a chance put a deposit on the vehicle and picked it up a week later. Utter stupidity really as I'd never even sat in a zed before let alone driven one plus the car may have been a dog but thankfully all turned out well. Didn't have a plan B in place incase the car was not as I expected but she was gorgeous and I fell in love with her straight away. Not quite as reckless as Danny but looking back not the most sensible way to purchase a vehicle

I had seen zeds about now and again (few and far between) and always commented how much I liked them.. how could anyone not :thumbs:

Few months later, went out for a tin of paint (via car showroom) eyes sparkled and lurve was in the air and the zed was mine :cloud9:

Just over a year later I'm now on my second one - jdm - which I didn't even see in the flesh before buying, the lovely forum member Demolition49 checked it over for me and test drove and a few days later done deal :yahoo:

1 week looking and bought the first one I saw. In hindsight probably not the best as it developed problems very quickly while under warranty and got the boot. Still I bought my second one without even driving it, I knew I'd love it :p

Ive always wanted a 350Z, the other car i always wanted was a Z4 which i had and traded in.

I looked at 2 and brought the second one as it ticked all the boxes, i wasnt fussed on colour i just wanted a facelift GT Coupe. With only 10.5k on the clock for a 56 plate with all the extras i couldnt walk away.

Ive always wanted a 350Z, the other car i always wanted was a Z4 which i had and traded in.

I looked at 2 and brought the second one as it ticked all the boxes, i wasnt fussed on colour i just wanted a facelift GT Coupe. With only 10.5k on the clock for a 56 plate with all the extras i couldnt walk away.

Facelift is 07+ isn't it? Yours doesn't have the buldge bonnet from looking at your sig, I may be wrong though.