Keys locked in car, advice needed ASAP

Spardz

Hi all,

This will be my first post on the forum however I do keep track of the threads.

Ive done a VERY silly thing, and whilst pumping up a tyre managed to lock my keys in the car with the radio and other things on. (Spare set are being posted to me apparantly)

Question is what is the best way to get back in. Has anyone ever done this before? Is it an AA job, or a window break affair.

Advice ASAP would be appreciated.

Spardz

Thanks for the tips guys.

From all of the threads etc I have searched, the AA are unable to do anything, and either smashing the passenger window or the windscreen might be the way to go.

However.....................my keys are in the ignition, and the electronics armed, so the little door unlock button next to the window controls will work just fine. Does anybody think they AA will be able to use tools to hit this button. (As in, you dont need to actually open the door on the handle, as these are a git to do i would have thought) ??

Has anyone got experience about this supposed Nissan Master Key?

Shame its not an old Saxo - managed to get them down to 3 seconds with no damage :lol:

I think your only way in would be to squeeze something through the back side of the glass and try and catch the button.

How did you lock it with the keys in the car?

I have to be honest, i have no clue.

I was working on the passenger side, plugged in the air compressor etc. Then simply finished, shut the door, walked around to the drivers and everything was locked. I actually didnt think it was possible as the passenger side doesnt even have a central locking switch.

The only thing i can think of is that I knocked the Central locking switch while leaning across and turning the ignition on while the passenger door was open...So when it shut....voila.

as far as I know, the windscreen can be removed from the outside by someone that knows what they are doing! (try Autoglass?) or you could smash the rear quarter light and use a bamboo cane with a hook attached to try and get keys back? (or hit the magic unlock button)

My battery recently went flat and my door locking mechanism is buggered so I had to get a locksmith out to unlock it. If the electrics are working they'll be able to get in pretty easily, I won't detail how for obvious reasons but still, call a good locksmith.

its a coupe, so the glass can be pulled away from the car slightly (being a frameless window) then you can fish for the keys, window switch or lock button.

I had to do this on my Impreza couple of years back, i managed to lock 1 key in the car and the other in the boot! :wacko:

Also recently locked the misses TT key in her boot, had to get the RAC to sort that one out, he went under the car, 12v'd a wire on some loom and it dropped the window. Good thing the misses in thin, as she had to climb through a Audi TT window lol.

Needless to say i am a doughnut when it comes to keys and cars lol

Just to let everyone know. Incase this does ever happen to anyone again.

New window/winscreen was priced at £691 from autoglass. But obviously it would be parked in a dodgy place and be an insurance job.

However seeing as the keys were in the ignition, the AA guy (who was very good to be fair) managed to get a rod in after jamming open the window and press down the window control. If the keys hadnt been in there, and the windows not armed, i think it would have been a brick job.

Thanks for all your help.

Spardz

Also recently locked the misses TT key in her boot, had to get the RAC to sort that one out, he went under the car, 12v'd a wire on some loom and it dropped the window.

It's scary to think it's that easy to get into a car. Good to know if you're ever homeless - great interiors & it doesn't matter if it's rubbish to drive when you're not going anywhere :p

my mate works for BMW he drives a 5 series with BMW Assist written on it which I pay an annual fee to on my wifes BMW his job is the same as the AA for BMW owners only he regularly goes to keys locked in probably 5 a week he knows how to open any BMW and Mini without damage you should never need to break any glass to gain access.

I can't quite figure out how you managed this?

The car doesn't auto lock :wacko:

OOOOhhhhh YYeeeeesssshhhh they do..........

Mine auto locks when I leave it for about 20 seconds......... mines a 2008..... I was cleaning my car and I heared the locks activate...... :scare: