Chris`I 370z Black Edition

Chris`I

Looks stunning Chris - in the flesh that Quartz is truly supurb B) and love the red wheel calipers.

Shame I didn't wait around 6 months as that would have been my choice too, but it would have to be a manual - I'm not old enough yet for hand controls :p:lol:

Once you get the Stillen on it will transform the car and with the intakes you have opted for as well it is going to sound awesome :thumbs:

Our two 370's sat ready for the off at the Sportsmans Arms in Wales for a rear-end comparison, with Markie trying to get his in on the act as well :scare:

P1070053.jpg

Congratulations again Chris :thumbs:

Pics do not do it full justice B)

I felt sorry for you in wales when the covoy started pulling hard or when we go left behoing and had to catch up the rest ;) It must have been very tempting to forget about the running-in and give it full beans :lol:

Will be interesting to hear the combo of the stillen intake and zorst. ? lowering next and some carbon goodies or even beter, a body kit ............hhhmmmmmmmmmmm...................Zele :cloud9:

well done fella... looks nice :D hows it feeling compared to the 350??

-ho

Feels great. It pains me to say it but a lot more Porsche like. Just more solid in the corners, loads of grip (which can actually be less fun than the 350z) and generally just handles "better". The extra torque is very obvious compared to my 276 350z, I was easily keeping pace in Wales without having to try hard until they hit higher revs.

What are the expected servicing costs?

Same as the 350z, 9k miles service interval, nothing special required, just a big Micra engine ;):lol:

The servicing is exactly the same cost/schedule as the 350z, P1 P2 etc??

eerr,.......... emmmm...... :surrender:

Looks great Chris. B) Love the red accents. Really picks it up. Also the 40th Anniversary badge on the back is nice.

Has anyone priced out parts yet? IE air filter, oil filter? I suspect they will be a bit more than 350 bits.

I felt sorry for you in wales when the covoy started pulling hard or when we go left behoing and had to catch up the rest ;) It must have been very tempting to forget about the running-in and give it full beans :lol:

Will be interesting to hear the combo of the stillen intake and zorst. ? lowering next and some carbon goodies or even beter, a body kit ............hhhmmmmmmmmmmm...................Zele :cloud9:

Yeah it was very tempting to boot it and keep up, but I was well behaved ;) I was supprised just how well it did keep up at low revs, I wasnt anywhere near full throttle and was keeping pace. It was only high revs that the others pulled away, but were soon back on the pack again after a few corners and tourists! :lol: Not sure I will lower it, this is my daily driver and in real life the arch gaps look fine to me. Spacers will be a definate mod when I get some more cash, as are some carbon goodies.

What are the expected servicing costs?

Same as the 350z, 9k miles service interval, nothing special required, just a big Micra engine ;):lol:

The servicing is exactly the same cost/schedule as the 350z, P1 P2 etc??

It is for me at WLMG as they do the club deal prices, so the 350z and 370z are the same cost. It follows the same schedule of P1, P2, P1, P3, and in the service manual its listed on the same page as the 350z.

Has anyone priced out parts yet? IE air filter, oil filter? I suspect they will be a bit more than 350 bits.

I beleive it uses the same air filter as the HR 350z so no difference there. Oil filter I think it may be the same, no one in the US is complaining about extra prices, so I assume its next to no different ;)

Have to say it really looked well in Wales. With yours and colins parked together they certainly drew some attention. Didnt get chance to hear it though, is it very much the same noise from the standard box or has this been tweaked for the 370 too?

I reckon you and Colin have the best of both the light and dark colour spectrum. B)

Standard exhaust sounds pap, complete letdown tbh, but I went in with my eyes open, hence why I bought a Stillen exhausts after hearing Colins - its just like a Nismo on a 350z is the Stillen B)

Great colour Chris, couldnt make my mind up which colour to order, now I know :thumbs:

Have only ever seen the Black in the flesh and your photos have convinced me.

As the others have said, the pics just dont do the colour justice. I had a tough time trying to decide whether to hold out for quartz or go for black, and I am so happy I waited now, if I had to do it all over again, I would wait twice as long for it :teeth:

Stunning looking motor (and the white one). I nipped onto my local dealer a few weeks ago and sat in my first 370 - happened to be a black 'black edition' and was really impressed by it; in fact, blown away. It was an auto luckily otherwise I'd probably be in really bad books with the missus now!!! My next step, once I've paid off a few debts (hence my current 'budget' car campaign) is to leap into a 370Z, likely to be a Roadster, once the used ones are more freely available and a little less in price.

Love the seats and that red, pretty deep red, is just stunning, and makes the interior a very classy place :thumbs: .

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...