Big Phil

Sarnie

I think a few people had updates off Andrew now and again. Sure someone like Martin can try and chase them. Dont think they had any joy getting an update last time though. Hope the big fella is ok :console:

No updates from Andrew because he will be worried about having to pay back the people he ripped off.

I think that is a bit below the belt mate. From what I saw/heard Andrew always wanted to reimberse everyone he could. It was other family members that cut their losses with it all and stopped responding. I think Andrew grew tired of trying to explain this to everyone. Phil was a massive part of this community and is sorely missed. I have no doubt in my mind that if he was to make a full recovery and had the power to do so, he would personally refund everyone who was out of pocket.

No updates from Andrew because he will be worried about having to pay back the people he ripped off.

I think that is a bit below the belt mate. From what I saw/heard Andrew always wanted to reimberse everyone he could. It was other family members that cut their losses with it all and stopped responding. I think Andrew grew tired of trying to explain this to everyone. Phil was a massive part of this community and is sorely missed. I have no doubt in my mind that if he was to make a full recovery and had the power to do so, he would personally refund everyone who was out of pocket.

Didn't ask for an opinion,just stating a fact.

Dont know what "facts" you have to substantiate the claim that Andrew was ripping people off, but please feel free to PM me with them if you have anything new to add. Andrew was not the one who chose to close the business or the one who controlled the businesses finances.

I drove past Andrews old Sunny on the A19 last week.

I wish Id been able to stop and have a chat to the guy as he was a friend of the Dawsons.

It would be nice to get some news on Phil, as I think I spent more time at his shop than most. I don't think I've ever drank so much tea as I did in the year I was visiting ESR regularly.

I drove past Andrews old Sunny on the A19 last week.

I wish Id been able to stop and have a chat to the guy as he was a friend of the Dawsons.

It would be nice to get some news on Phil, as I think I spent more time at his shop than most. I don't think I've ever drank so much tea as I did in the year I was visiting ESR regularly.

good memories:

Lexx.jpg

Dont know what "facts" you have to substantiate the claim that Andrew was ripping people off, but please feel free to PM me with them if you have anything new to add. Andrew was not the one who chose to close the business or the one who controlled the businesses finances.

Not getting into an arguement with you but Andrew was stood there when I handed his Dad the cash.In my original pm's he agreed to pay me back,then he changed his mind and ****ed off.

Having read a few threads over the last couple of days its obvious some mods favour certain traders.Maybe ESR was one of yours.

Not getting into an arguement with you but Andrew was stood there when I handed his Dad the cash.In my original pm's he agreed to pay me back,then he changed his mind and **** off.

Having read a few threads over the last couple of days its obvious some mods favour certain traders.Maybe ESR was one of yours.

I think that is aload of bollox to be honest with you mate. I do feel bad for you as loosing money is never fun......... but the statement about the mods is nothing but rubbish. The mods do a cracking job on here and defo dont favour any of the traders. As long as the traders offer a high standard of product and look after the client the mods dont really get involved. If a trader does a good job then ofcourse people (including mods) are going to praise the trader. But on the other side of the coin, the mods will comment or make it clear to others if a trader are not up to scratch and will go out their way to make sure things are put right. I know this from experience. I honestly cant believe how much sh!t the mods actually have to put up with on this forum and I am surprised that they are still willing to put on a smile and help us with the running of the forum. Not looking for an arguement either, just viewing my opinion :thumbs:

Not getting into an arguement with you but Andrew was stood there when I handed his Dad the cash.In my original pm's he agreed to pay me back,then he changed his mind and **** off.

I dont dispute that you are owed the money but Andrew had no control over the funds. He tried to pay back everyone he could until he was then locked out as the business was closed. I am not saying you arent deserving of the money back, you just have to realise it wasnt Andrew personally that screwed people over.

I am not brown nosing the mods (I have never met any of them), but the amount of sh1te they have had to put up with on this forum recently is ridiculous. Its going to get to the point where they are all going to be throwing the towel in and saying 'screw this, whats the point?' and the site will be disbanded.

This site has helped me learn just about everything I know about the z. Not only that but gave me ideas about how to mod my car, allow me to trade with members, get good deals of official traders, use the guides, make new friends and a whole lot more.

I got ripped off for £150 by Eddz350 and I freely admit I put a post up ranting about it because he wouldn't answer the phone to me. At no point did I start blaming the mods for this though. I chose to send the money - Ed chose not to send the goods so I filed a civil claim against him.

I am not brown nosing the mods (I have never met any of them), but the amount of sh1te they have had to put up with on this forum recently is ridiculous. Its going to get to the point where they are all going to be throwing the towel in and saying 'screw this, whats the point?' and the site will be disbanded.

This site has helped me learn just about everything I know about the z. Not only that but gave me ideas about how to mod my car, allow me to trade with members, get good deals of official traders, use the guides, make new friends and a whole lot more.

I got ripped off for £150 by Eddz350 and I freely admit I put a post up ranting about it because he wouldn't answer the phone to me. At no point did I start blaming the mods for this though. I chose to send the money - Ed chose not to send the goods so I filed a civil claim against him.

Very well put Sir.

I have not met many members off the forum,but some how I have met three of the mods.

They are not biased they are just normal people. They should not have to take grief for the job they do for our benefit.

Just to advise, the team do not "favour" any traders. However as many of the team here have had work done on their cars by various traders they will also have an opinion just as every other consumer.

I found ESR to be very good (servicing and a couple of mods), I found Zmanalex to be good (LED lights), I have also found a body shop near me to be good (body kit) and I found a small firm making locking wheel nut removers to be good too - Ive posted positively about each of these and will do so again on any thread that jogs my memory about them. If I have cause to use the other traders on board the forum and receive good service I will be sure to make positive comments about them too.

Please do not mistake a team members praise for an individual trader as anything more than a personal recommendation, and not in any way a biassed opinion from the team.

The day I missed and I was complaining to Phil about a bad back. :blush:

My C West front is getting pretty stonechipped but I still cant bring myself to paint over the ESR sticker.

if i have a decent quality picture of the logo i should be able to replicate it for you, so you could peel it off and then stick a fresh one on, to look nice ontop of your fresh new paint.

if that helps you out at all, let me know ;)

I still have some ESR transfers at home. Couldnt bring myself to throw them out.

Also. Can people please remember this a thread about someone who was a damn good friend to me, and to many on here. Not knowing how he is doing is something that upsets me quite alot, as I know it does some others on here.

His health and our worry for him is paramount, and anyones opinion about anything that happened subsequent to him taking ill shouldnt be brought up in this thread. I dont care how bitter you are. If you have a problem, kindly deal with it via PM or in a different thread.

Don't taint someones memory who doesnt deserve it.

I still have some ESR transfers at home. Couldnt bring myself to throw them out.

Also. Can people please remember this a thread about someone who was a damn good friend to me, and to many on here. Not knowing how he is doing is something that upsets me quite alot, as I know it does some others on here.

His health and our worry for him is paramount, and anyones opinion about anything that happened subsequent to him taking ill shouldnt be brought up in this thread. I dont care how bitter you are. If you have a problem, kindly deal with it via PM or in a different thread.

Don't taint someones memory who doesnt deserve it.

Well said that man :thumbs: