Slipping Clutch

GT4 Zed

We're just pulling your leg Bennet you big chav! :lol:

I know Nix ;) but i need sympathy right now :blackeye:

Its more fun this way though :p

:lol::lol:

Poor Bennett :lol:

I'll be interested to see what you go for in terms of the clutch&flywheel :thumbs:

with your heavy driving i'm wondering if you should look at something designed for a turbo setup and not for a standard NA?

Very politely put ;)

An exedy clutch and fidanza fly can take the torque a Zed has in NA form, so you dont need anything harder than that, you just need to learn to treat it properly, or get a 370z so it can rev match for you :lol: How many miles has the clutch done so far? Any clutch will burn out if you dont treat it right, all a "beefier" clutch will do is have more clamping force and thus hold more torque when released, it will not last longer if you ride the clutch or dont rev match/heel toe properly.

i give up :lol:

I have cover 57K miles now and 35K are mine. My driving is fine and very smooth :p:p

After 4.5years and some hard use in the last 2 i think its natural to expect it to go now ;)

I have had some very go input from Alex and i might go for a stage 2 clutch kit,

first choice:

Exedy Hyper Single Carbon Clutch Kit

second:

Jim Wolf Technology (JWT) Clutch + Flywheel Combo or the ACT equivalent

Third:

As last resort the Exedy organic +fidanza fly :headhurt:

The Exedy stage 1 organic clutch and fidanza combo is Ok but its too close to my performance envelope! The max torque is 300lb/ft and when you consider that my torque after remap is 285lb/ft and i have wider & stickier tyres, full 14" BBK, stiff suspension setting and a 40% throw short shifter this shortens the life of the clutch ;)

Thank you Rich,most helpful. I had a look when you first mentioned and will give DMS a call on Monday too, but i doubt that the discount is still on ;) It is exactly like the Exedy hyper single and give you a very streetable feel, tons of response and no chatter like the organic clutch + fidanza combo.

If we can set up a group buy with either kits i will not hesistate. I think the SC guys should look at this as they will be needing clutches soon unless they will not really drive the car which is a shame :thumbdown:

Thank you Rich,most helpful. I had a look when you first mentioned and will give DMS a call on Monday too, but i doubt that the discount is still on ;) It is exactly like the Exedy hyper single and give you a very streetable feel, tons of response and no chatter like the organic clutch + fidanza combo.

If we can set up a group buy with either kits i will not hesistate. I think the SC guys should look at this as they will be needing clutches soon unless they will not really drive the car which is a shame :thumbdown:

Full throttle starts and donuts?

:lol: Funniest thread in ages

I hope you were kitted up properly bennet

burberry_cap_2.jpg

I thought you said not to go for a lightweight flywheel? Pretty sure you said I shouldnt :wacko:

I'm having a Exedy clutch and helix flywheel fitted by CS this weekend so I'll let you know what its like :)

:lol: Funniest thread in ages

I hope you were kitted up properly bennet

burberry_cap_2.jpg

I thought you said not to go for a lightweight flywheel? Pretty sure you said I shouldnt :wacko:

I'm having a Exedy clutch and helix flywheel fitted by CS this weekend so I'll let you know what its like :)

Hi Ian, longtime mate :)

I think you got me wrong :p i said not to go for the single mass and organic clutch combo and i still maintain this! I will only go for this as last resort.

You input will be appreciated though :thumbs:

i give up :lol:

I have cover 57K miles now and 35K are mine. My driving is fine and very smooth :p:p

After 4.5years and some hard use in the last 2 i think its natural to expect it to go now ;)

I have had some very go input from Alex and i might go for a stage 2 clutch kit,

first choice:

Exedy Hyper Single Carbon Clutch Kit

second:

Jim Wolf Technology (JWT) Clutch + Flywheel Combo or the ACT equivalent

Third:

As last resort the Exedy organic +fidanza fly :headhurt:

The Exedy stage 1 organic clutch and fidanza combo is Ok but its too close to my performance envelope! The max torque is 300lb/ft and when you consider that my torque after remap is 285lb/ft and i have wider & stickier tyres, full 14" BBK, stiff suspension setting and a 40% throw short shifter this shortens the life of the clutch ;)

Now had you put that as your first post, you might have got some more serious answers :p

You wont find many around here that run much over stock power to require a different clutch, so better go with what Alex suggests, or head over to my350z to see what they suggest ;)

:bang::bang: My clutch is buggered and just not at the right time with barely 4 weeks before my first Ring trip for this year :surrender:

I had notice a small slip for sometime now but thought it still had a lot of life left :p But today i went out to the local "Max Power vs dub" meet on the insistence of some lads i met in the car pack at my Tesco. i was at a loose end, the weather was good and i was itching for some action so obliged :scare:

Once we got there it was obvious that the zed was the top dog ;) And they had never heard an unrestrained K1 in anger :lol: They "begged me to show off more of her assets :teeth: and since i have little life in the rear MPS2s left, i proceeded to do a few burn outs, power slides and half attempted donuts to the general cheer of the gathering :clap: .

I stayed for only a little bit as then left as the attention was becomming too much and took the scenic/long way back home and that when it hit me that whatever life was left in the clutch had been expended :thumbdown:

Its just slip.. slip... slip as i tried to accelerate on every roundabout or light :scare::scare:. I have done the fourth gear test and it just confirms it :surrender:

I knew this would happen at some point but i really hoped it could wait till July when it could be the only job to do before my secong Ring trip but i am buggered now! I already have a big list before this May trip:

-Oil cooler and extended oil sump

-Gates racing aux and ac belts

-Brake duct cooling kit

-Full whiteline bushes and rear bushe subframe upgrade

-Redo track specific setup for the Ring

-Set of MPS2

-Full fluid service(oil/coolant/gearbox/diff/brake/PAS)

then now a clutch and flywheel combo :rant::rant:

.........................Some stuff will have to go :dry:

whats the forth gear test.

dan