Slipping Clutch

GT4 Zed

:bang::bang: My clutch is buggered and just not at the right time with barely 4 weeks before my first Ring trip for this year :surrender:

I had notice a small slip for sometime now but thought it still had a lot of life left :p But today i went out to the local "Max Power vs dub" meet on the insistence of some lads i met in the car pack at my Tesco. i was at a loose end, the weather was good and i was itching for some action so obliged :scare:

Once we got there it was obvious that the zed was the top dog ;) And they had never heard an unrestrained K1 in anger :lol: They "begged me to show off more of her assets :teeth: and since i have little life in the rear MPS2s left, i proceeded to do a few burn outs, power slides and half attempted donuts to the general cheer of the gathering :clap: .

I stayed for only a little bit as then left as the attention was becomming too much and took the scenic/long way back home and that when it hit me that whatever life was left in the clutch had been expended :thumbdown:

Its just slip.. slip... slip as i tried to accelerate on every roundabout or light :scare::scare:. I have done the fourth gear test and it just confirms it :surrender:

I knew this would happen at some point but i really hoped it could wait till July when it could be the only job to do before my secong Ring trip but i am buggered now! I already have a big list before this May trip:

-Oil cooler and extended oil sump

-Gates racing aux and ac belts

-Brake duct cooling kit

-Full whiteline bushes and rear bushe subframe upgrade

-Redo track specific setup for the Ring

-Set of MPS2

-Full fluid service(oil/coolant/gearbox/diff/brake/PAS)

then now a clutch and flywheel combo :rant::rant:

.........................Some stuff will have to go :dry:

Yeah maybe DON'T recruit from Tesco car park! :lol: I had some young lads say to me in Tesco car park the other day - your car is a BEAST! I then had to go do my shopping and leave it near them! :lol:

:scare: I would've got back in the car and gone somewhere else to shop :blush::lol:

:scare: we don't need anymore eejits buying zeds :lol:

+1 :lol:

What made you think when the clutch was already slightly slipping that it'd be good for burnouts and doughnuts? Have you not seen enough stories on here when slipping clutches very quickly turn into dead clutches and flywheels? Sorry you do bring somethings on yourself bud, but you do crack me up :lol:

Time to go cap in hand to Mitz and see if he can do some kind of finance scheme for you? ;)

Your location says : Look in your mirrors ........now give way! Any driving like this in Wales and we will be seeing the back of your car in our mirrors because you will be going home ;):lol:

And there is no reason for a ZED to overtake another ZED on the Wales drives, unless waved by - it is not a race but there will be roads where the full potential of the ZEDs can be enjoyed and safely used with spirited driving but within the legal limits.

We all know ZED paintwork is not the greatest at resisting stone chips, so it is everyone's interest to not only keep a decent distance from the car you are following, but to minimize overtaking and peppering others in the process. ;)

Ok Ok OK enough guys, you should not kick a fellow when he is down :surrender:

First of all is was not a chavfest as you seem to think ;) More likea gathering of young 25-30yr old in blingy 330ci , Audi TT, Z4 and a few jap stuff including a non turbo auto supra i think.

Anyway a car is meant to be driven and enjoyed not mollycuddled so i accept all blame as i will be responsible for fixing it :lol: However, would want to make it clear that i am not a road racer or iresponsible though i do enjoy spirited A/B road driving in good weather every now and then and i take all my business on the track as you can witness by my choice of mods or seen for those who know me :p

Anyway before i jump into replacing my kit with the ubiquitous exedy organic clutch and fidanza flywheel (cue Zmanalex or CS), i would appreciate some advice on other available options. I need a kit to last for the next 18 months or so.(ie circa 20-30k miles +/- 6-8 Ring trips).

I am seriously considering the Exedy hyper single clutch (flywheel included with this kit) but its over 1K. But if i have to change the Organic kit twice in 18-24months then the cost are almost the same or more including double labour :p

Once we got there it was obvious that the zed was the top dog ;) And they had never heard an unrestrained K1 in anger :lol: They "begged me to show off more of her assets :teeth: and since i have little life in the rear MPS2s left, i proceeded to do a few burn outs, power slides and half attempted donuts to the general cheer of the gathering :clap: .

However, would want to make it clear that i am not a road racer or iresponsible though i do enjoy spirited A/B road driving in good weather every now and then and i take all my business on the track as you can witness by my choice of mods or seen for those who know me :p

So this meet was on a track?

So this meet was on a track?

No Stew, but actually its a council sanctioned area for such meets and there was enough room to do this ;)

These lads are at it all the time and its all good fun and organised and conducted safely and so my actions where not iresponsible :thumbs:

All i did was to report a problem and the circumstance, but now i am being judged :shrug: