Morning all

Good Morning everybody. I've been eyeing up a few different cars for the past couple of months but the Zed seems to tick all my box's. I've put down a deposit on a uk 2006 350z GT at my local nissan dealer, got plenty of extra's thrown in and I think that i've got a pritty good deal. Now after searching the internet for several hours I was under the impression that the facelift model was introduced in 2006, but on closer inspection it turns out the car i've just put a deposit down on is in fact the pre facelift model. Now obviously wanting the most up to date car for my money i'm really winding myself up about it. The car itself is very clean comes with all the usual toys, 2 new tyres, 2 year warranty, superguard polish, and there going to service and MOT it for me. I'm really looking for a bit of reasurance that i've not made a bit of a mistake, I mean the facelift model isnt that much better then the older models is it? (lie if you have to) :doh::doh:

Well Ben, Have a search about and decide for yourself. The interior was improved and the lights upgraded. The engine also received a make over gaining 20bhp but losing some torque. Real world it's unnoticeable.

The rear lights are an easy and cheap upgrade but the fronts are an expensive swap.

I'd say if you paid a competitive pre facelift price it'll be fine if you paid facelift money for it then I'd walk away to be honest.

You won't regret it either way but just be happy you are getting your hard earned moneys worth!

Well Ben, Have a search about and decide for yourself. The interior was improved and the lights upgraded. The engine also received a make over gaining 20bhp but losing some torque. Real world it's unnoticeable.

The rear lights are an easy and cheap upgrade but the fronts are an expensive swap.

I'd say if you paid a competitive pre facelift price it'll be fine if you paid facelift money for it then I'd walk away to be honest.

You won't regret it either way but just be happy you are getting your hard earned moneys worth!

Well said :thumbs:

thanks guys, feeling a bit better about the situation. I mean test driving that car was jaw dropping so I think i'll be very happy with her! i'll list the spec below.

2006 350z gt Black (ML06)

22500 miles

1 owner (a retired chap who traded it in for a 370Z)

heated black leather

Full nissan service history

and all the extra's that I mentioned earlier which i'm very happy about.

£15800.

Thanks for this guys feeling much better and getting very excited!! I know there are cheaper models out there privately, but I've got complete piece of mind for the next 2 years which im very pleased about, not to mention no servicing, tyres or MOT's for a while. I'm not to bothered about the differences to the body, as they are very very subtle, and the power i'm down is nothing a remap and a miltek system won't fix! :D

:wave:

i have the same aged pre facelift car as you, won't say what i got it for 18 months ago as it will make you cry, but in regards to the car the pre facelifts are good, and with a remap there is more to be had out of them than the new cars.