428 miles to a tank!

bodyboarder

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On my joyous weekend commute, I usually get 200 miles on half a tank with a bit left to spare. I only fill up what I need for each trip.

Strange thing is - fuel economy is always better on the return trip, which is North to South. Pretty sure I drive similar speeds in both directions though.

:shrug:

On my joyous weekend commute, I usually get 200 miles on half a tank with a bit left to spare. I only fill up what I need for each trip.

Strange thing is - fuel economy is always better on the return trip, which is North to South. Pretty sure I drive similar speeds in both directions though.

:shrug:

uphill/downhill ?

Never really looked into it in detail to be honest; I assumed it would be fairly even over the length of the journey, but perhaps it is something like that.

Or maybe I do just drive faster when heading home on a Friday night! :drive1

You must be driving really slow to get 500 from a tank. Even on motorway with cruise control on I struggle to clear 300 to a tank filled to the brim

Not really. I've got an '04 plate and my commute is 95% motorway. The commute is just shy of 60 miles each way. I frequently get 4 commutes + a bit of evening driving + go somewhere local on Sunday/Saturday out of a tank. I never use Cruise Control and we're talking 90-ish (percent of speed limit obviously) on the way there and whatever the traffic dictates on the way back.

I get around 600 km in a tank (372 miles) and average around 11 litres / 100 km (21 mpg) and that's with driving on autobahns everyday and cruising at 180 - 200 km/h.

No idea how you get 500 miles or 33 mpg :surrender: Thought I drove fairly smoothly as well ! with weekends for blasts through twisties :)

I do 5 miles each way to work and back, then mixed town / A roads driving for the rest of my journeys, average speed is about 25 according to the computer. Get 360 miles to a tank. Could easily see over 400 if even 30% of my journey included motorway driving.

For a 3.5 litre I dont think its bad at all, before I bought the car I was budgeting for 18mpg so the 24mpg I average over the tank is :D