Idiot at work

350zStephen

A guy at my work has earned some extra brownie points today by grassing me into the operations manager for sitting on this site when its quiet at work. Now the site has been added to the custom block list by the head office and I cannot get on it. I'm f*cking fizzing!!

How can I get by the block? Does anyone know any good proxy servers?

The thing that makes my blood boil, is the fact i'm pretty friendly with this guy and he is constantly on the internet and does far less work than me. He also sat on Pistonheads and Autotrader all day today pointing out cars he likes and asking for my opinion on them.

Should I confront him by telling him I know it was him that got the site banned? :boxing:

PR*CK!!!!!! :rant:

// rant over, I feel much better now :lol:

how about next time he leaves his work station, load up meat spin on his computer and then let the boss know your colleague has been viewing inappropriate images on the web :lol:

or just leave it running in the office and everyone in the office will think he's a bit gay :lol:

how about next time he leaves his work station, load up meat spin on his computer and then let the boss know your colleague has been viewing inappropriate images on the web :lol:

or just leave it running in the office and everyone in the office will think he's a bit gay :lol:

Haha, great idea. I could get in to work early and set his Internet Explorer homepage to a certain girls and cup video, order him a gimp costume online and send it to work in his name or invest in some laxatives.:lol::lol::lol:

here are the RSS feeds:

feed.php = last 20 posts

feed.php?mode=news = last 15 announcements

feed.php?mode=topics = last 15 topics created

problem is, if the domain has been blocked, you wont be able to see them either.

I think the domain has been blocked, I tried "www.350z-uk.com" and I could not get access to it. I might buy one of they USB dongles and access the site through that :thumbs::D

you could always leave a pc or laptop on at home, remote to it from work then you're free to look at what you like :thumbs:

Good idea, I'll have a wee look into that tomorrow.

What gets me is, what is the point in him getting this site banned? Its practically the only site I visit at work. I guess i'll just have to settle with Pistonheads to keep me sane, it just wont be the same though :(

I'd point out that your using it during lunch hours and very quiet periods - no different than others looking at the BBC website.

IT have a log of what times you enter different sites and if your confident you don't go on this site all day every day (only the odd 5 - 10 mins) then you could argue that your being discriminated against. The site has nothing offensive about it and is no different from going on any other site.

OK, you should be working but at the same time your not a robot and if your not abusing the privilege and doing the work being asked then I see no problem.

Guy sounds like a ****, set up a proxy at home or use an online website tunnel, if your worried about getting further caught, you could set up an ecrypted connection using swissvpn or ping tunnel.

Id confront him, ask him if he mentiond anything to the manager, if he denies just say some nasty b***** grassed you and your going to speak to managment about it, and when you find out who it was then blah blah, watch him gulp :)

Why do people do this? What sick pleasure do they get out of it? If any of my staff pulled the sick stunt of reporting one of their colleagues for something trivial I'd tell them to grow up, **** off and then ensure they got all the @*!# jobs for the rest of the week. I'd even be less than impressed if they reported something major as point A i detest grasses and B would be very disappointed for not being aware of events myself! This sort of behaviour has no place in the work place as it destroys team spirit and breeds discontent. An unhappy workforce is not conducive to maximum efficiency and productivity

I'd point out that your using it during lunch hours and very quiet periods - no different than others looking at the BBC website.

IT have a log of what times you enter different sites and if your confident you don't go on this site all day every day (only the odd 5 - 10 mins) then you could argue that your being discriminated against. The site has nothing offensive about it and is no different from going on any other site.

OK, you should be working but at the same time your not a robot and if your not abusing the privilege and doing the work being asked then I see no problem.

That is exactly how I see it Anubis, my internet usage is probably the same as anyone else. The thing is, I don't play games, listen to music or watch videos on Youtube like many others.

Due to my type of work we get stats every week to see how many jobs people have done and I have never been below average, and i'm usually in the top three each day out of a group of twenty controllers. However, my colleague in question is usually in the red, and spends a lot of time on the net and makes alot of non work related phonecalls.

it's amazing how petty some people can be in offices. I've heard rumors that there's a rota for the "good chairs" in the other building where i work.... Honestly!

My office is terrible for bitching, the guys are actually worse than the ladies. When I first started, rumour was that that I was gay? That was certainly news to me, and I entertained it for a few days, and brought my stunning girlfriend into work one day after my shift :lol:

Guy sounds like a ****, set up a proxy at home or use an online website tunnel, if your worried about getting further caught, you could set up an ecrypted connection using swissvpn or ping tunnel.

Id confront him, ask him if he mentiond anything to the manager, if he denies just say some nasty b***** grassed you and your going to speak to managment about it, and when you find out who it was then blah blah, watch him gulp :)

The ban actually happened when I was sending a PM on here, and it came up saying "350z-uk has been added to the custom ban list" when I hit the send button. I just giggled at the time thinking that IT were getting tough on people using the net during office hours and never thought anything of it until a couple of mates in work informed me that he had grassed on me.

I said to him, "come to think about it, I think some a^se has grassed me in for using this site. When I find out who it is, i'm going to kick up sh%t". And your right, he did gulp and face his screen.

I then went on my mobile and showed him I could access it on WAP :lol::lol: He then asked if I was on break? I found it very hard to bite my lip as this guy is on the same wages as me, and has the same privileges as me.

Aye sounds like a right jobsworth, glad I don't have to deal with folk like that in my work, there's only 5 of us in the lab and we all get on pretty well. It's not unusual for the manager to even have a jibe at me for being on this forum, usually something along the lines of 'can you check over this report, oh no you cant cos your on that 350 forum, oooh show me your 350', rubs his crotch, shakes head and walks away.

Aye sounds like a right jobsworth, glad I don't have to deal with folk like that in my work, there's only 5 of us in the lab and we all get on pretty well. It's not unusual for the manager to even have a jibe at me for being on this forum, usually something along the lines of 'can you check over this report, oh no you cant cos your on that 350 forum, oooh show me your 350', rubs his crotch, shakes head and walks away.

he secretly wants your car :lol:

I had this problem in my old office, even though no one at all could see my screen i always got accused of not doing work etc.

Only 4 of us in my new office and we all get on great so there isn't a problem there, People outside the office still accuse me and a few lads of not doing as much work as everyone because we're in a smaller office, think they're just jealous because we have a friendlier environment tbh haha! My old manager used to think i did nothing but play on my phone and browse the net, and again that was purely because of what people say and not know.

My advice would be have a word with your manager, the way i see it he should know his team and the stats say your a good worker so there shouldn't be a problem with you popping on here every now and again?