Freebee from the bodyshop...

MattMe

I got home after picking up my car last night, quite happy with the paint job done (had bonnet, wing, rear quarter and both bumpers done) until I got out and noticed they'd also painted something I hadn't requested...

post-4074-135011877567_thumb.jpg

:thumbdown:

Needless to say I'm not over the moon. There are 3 marks, the 2 either side being silver paint, and the one in the middle where it's been atempted to scratch the paint off, fudging up the leather in the process.

Then (yes, there's more) I noticed the rear bumper now has a LOT of flex in it, like pushes is a few inches, and the rear splash guards have been fitted with a self-tapping screw through the freshly painted side into the botom of the bumper. Overall I'm not happy.

I'm still waiting for them to call me back about it.

I'll keep the name quiet until it's been resolved, but I had spent a while getting quotes, visiting workshops and taking advice from here before choosing where to take it.

:bang:

You are local to me..Where did you take the car to? Hope it's not the one i have recommended? :scare::surrender: I had mine done by a chap called Andy at Body and Tuning in Mansfield. Nice bloke :thumbs: Not had any issues whatsover...only problem is his bodyshop is still close for refurbishment. :shrug: I am still waiting for a full front bumper respray as mine has lots of stone chips and imperfection.

I think the most annoying thing is how they didn't even mention the paint on the seat like I might not notice or think 'I wonder how that got there..' :headhurt:

Still not called me back, I'll ring them again now.

The flex is at the bottom on each side (behind the wheel). Like a supporting bracket is missing or something. I know it wasn't like that before because it would be obvious when cleaning it. Guess they must have removed or broke something when fitting the rear splash guards (incorrectly).

:surrender:

Just spoke to the guy and he quite confidently said 'it's just water based paint, it'll wipe off'...

:lol:

Even if it would just wipe off surely he's missing the big picture here? Am I over-reacting? And if it wipes off so easily whey has someone scratched away at my leather in a poor attempt to get it off?

I'm going down Friday to see him so he can sort out the issues he says. I'm pretty pi**ed off though, why should I be driving around so he can fix the *** ups he created in the first place? And if he needs to keep my car to repair any of it then I'm without a motor - the Z is my only car.

I'm so really effed off at the minute.