the strecthed look!!!!!

TADDY

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stretched look is great ... Stretched look is a USDM and Dub facination that has caught on.

I feel it helps maintain the look if your car is well stanced. Lowered properly on staggered dished wheels with a nice low offset.

I had stretched tyres on my old 200sx and thought the whole look carried it off nicely without looking cheap or boy racer.

Its personal preference at the end of the day.

hmmmm looks like its a marmite one then love it or hate it lol

chrisUUC I have 19" rims staggerd with a lip, running a +15 offset and im lowerd 45mm but hopeing to go to 50mm. So from your point of view that would work then? ;)

Hell yea dude ... Good thing about Zeds I find is having them relatively stock they look great and running them wide and low also makes them look great so you cant lose.

When I finally get mine Ill be going down the route of low and low offset staggered wheels with possibly some smoothing ...

Can I ask what wheels youll be running on it TADDY?

not keen TADDY ..... bit boy racer IMO ....... looks like you can't afford to buy the correct size tyres

+1 if they really stretched out so the side walls are at 45 degrees, a little stretch is not that noticeble. if you start going to the silly extreme the americans do then its going to mess your handling up too , not to mention the potential diameter issues as i ahve no idea how you gonna work out rolling radias's without just putting them on and getting the tape measure out.

the tyres not the hight :lol:

Thats where it goes wrong for me......

I'm not really a stretched tyre fan. I prefer flush tyres and low to be honest.

I do believe that stretched and slammed HAVE to go together though. stretched without the slamming just looks stupid.

Utter chav look unless on an old classic VW, and it'll make the car handle like @*!#. Really don't see the point at all.

Ahh, I hear this sooo much. Ever tried stretched tyres? No? You surpise me. ;)

I seem to qualify every post on here by saying that Im a drifter, but I think its relevant here. Most of us run stretched tyres, for various reasons - one is of fitment, another is price and another is the actual performance of the tyre. Contrary to Ekona's belief, the lack of sidewall reduces flex, and actually makes the car feel more solid. Ive certainly never noticed any adverse handling effects from running stretch anyway :)

and as for the "youll rip the tyre off the rim" argument, in 10 years of drifting on the street, on airfields, in carparks, on kart tracks, on concrete runways and on FIA tracks I have never seen one stretched tyre leave the rim of the car running it. I find it hard to believe that any grip racer is going to pusha tyre harder than a drifter either. ;)

So, if you dotn like the look then fair enough, but dynamically in my experience at least there is no issue with them :)

If you do like it then check here: http://www.rimtuck.com/thumbnails.php?v ... odel=350Z& :D