They WILL get you...

evest

Yesterday, I attended a Speed Awareness Workshop to be reprogrammed (ironically enough I had to absolutely tank it to get there on time following the Stonehenge bottleneck...) :surrender:

Interestingly I was the youngest person there (28) with the average age being around 45. Interesting. So, middle-aged Malcolm, no doubt a Daily Mail enthusiast, had seen me rock up in the Zed so I went into his category of young hooligan who think he's invincilble...blah..rant...why do people buy these fast cars...etc...

(In fact, at the time I was caught in the work's Landy) :blush:

Anyway,

As we discussed the placement of speed cameras, particularly, mobile units, the following info was revealed:

In MOST counties, due to regulations attached to the particular budget from which speed detection equipment is sourced, accompanying signage must be displayed when they are being operated.

BUT

In SOME counties (and they refused to say which) a different budget is used meaning that those signage regulations do not apply. So, mobile police units in particular can operate anywhere at any time and there will be no warning.

FURTHERMORE and this is the kicker...

SOME police forces have even resorted to disguising speed cameras in horse boxes, accompanied by a suitable muddy range rover!!!! :scare:

Country folks stopping for a brew in that lay-by?

Maybe not...

My new chum Malcom wasn't impressed...

maybe the british version of the tuf tuf club needs to be started.:ninja:

Are they the Dutch guys who used that expanding foam stuff to kill the cameras?

yep :lol:

they are also the guys who shoot them, burn tyres on them, pull them out of the ground, and blow them up with explosives.

it was one of their members who used to mark them for death in pink to taunt the police, and then at some point he'd blow it up and the police wouldn't know when :lol:

Tuf tuf? I think our equivalent is Max and Paddy! :lol:

If it is the Welsh police than that's a shame; the A55 coastal road is a lovely drive in the summer.

Still, stick a red dragon decal on your bumber and you'll be fine...

they are also the guys who shoot them, burn tyres on them, pull them out of the ground, and blow them up with explosives.

it was one of their members who used to mark them for death in pink to taunt the police, and then at some point he'd blow it up and the police wouldn't know when :lol:

We have similar folk round here - we call them Scallies! :lol:

I thought this was common knowledge. From what I remember, if the force who are running the cameras take some of the earnings from the cameras, they must be signed within 1 mile of the camera. If the force in question do not benefit from the camera revenue (ie it all goes to the government scheme that governs them) then they do not have to sign them. Also I beleive that to put them up, the stretch of road has to have been deemed hazzardous, which means 4 or more serious accidents in the last 3 years. And this applies to any part of the road within a 1 mile stretch. Thats what I was told a few years ago by a traffic copper I knew.

The force with the horse box are the North Welsh lot. Was highly publicised when it was found. :boxing:

2 of the cameras on my commute were burned 2 years ago, one 1 made it back :yahoo:

SOME police forces have even resorted to disguising speed cameras in horse boxes, accompanied by a suitable muddy range rover!!!! :scare:

I did not know this happened in the UK too.....

In Italy you'll find not very noticeble grey boxes about 1 metre tall that contains electrical connection ( or something like that ) in the last 2 years the police uses the same boxes to hide speed cameras! The same apllyes for average speed cameras on motorways which are placed behind the guard rails between some bushes so there's no way to spot them!!!!!