Zed's RED Baby ***UPDATED WITH PICS***!

evest

Hi all,

I posted up a while back about my engine bay project.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=31204&start=0

It's a work in progress but here's a quick update on things are going...

Engine cover complete and lacquered, painted washer bottle cap (simple job but quite effective), engine damper installed (not on in pictures) gallery bolts installed.

DSCF1915.JPG

DSCF1903.JPG

DSCF1914.JPG

DSCF1904.JPG

DSCF1905.JPG

DSCF1833.JPG

DSCF1896.JPG

DSCF1897.JPG

My intention is to put in a carbon fibre cooling panel and some bonnet lifters. I've got polished coolant and power steering tanks on the way from Envy, and am looking at either a Fujita or Takeda SRI - anybody got any recommendations on that?

I'm thinking of painting the battery covers or surrounds, but don't want to overdo it in there - will think on.

I also want to clean up the front of the engine block, I don't think the previous owner went under the bonnet at all! - does anybody know the best way to do this?

PLUS - just seen djtimo's thread on the painted cam covers - loving the RED, this could get v interesting...!

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=30860&start=0

Cheers

Steve :thumbs:

Looks awesome B)

If you're going for a carbon fibre cooling panel then you might want to get matching carbon battery/brake fluid surrounds and/or covers rather than painting them, that way your custom painted engine cover will stay as the focal point.

Cheers guys :thumbs:

I'll post up some more pics when I have the new bits and bobs installed.

For cleaning the bay I used Autoglym engine cleaner on all the exposed parts I could get at (covering up the electrical bits with cling film). I used AG bumper care on all of the plastics which brings them up really well. I find it easier to take bits of (airbox, intake pipe etc...) and clean them separately, and clean the other exposed bit they leave while they're out of the bay. An old (or new if you like!) toothbrush comes in very handy.

• 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Here are a few pics of some more things I have done recently...:

Di-Noc centre console and arm rests, happy for first attempt!

DSCF2099.JPG

Not perfect around the gauge pods - will redo this bit.

DSCF2100.JP

DSCF2101.JPG

DSCF2102.JPG

CF Battery and Brake Fluid covers and shiny coolant tank :teeth:

DSCF2109.JPG

DSCF2110.JP

DSCF2111.JP

DSCF2113.JPG

Thanks for looking! :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

I got them from USA, various outlets but they are manufactured by a company called Gallery,

Check this out:

http://www.galleryfresh.com - you can get them in black!

I got mine from Evasive Motorsports, aint cheap though... I paid £160 for mine :scare: in hindsight - a bit much for a set of nuts and bolts - they do look nice though! :shrug: