Brake cooling duct kit ?GB

GT4 Zed

I have been looking to get a 350z specific brake cooling duct kit for some time now and just mentioned it to the lads at RJN Nissan while snooping for something else :ninja:

They used to have these as an off-the-shelf part but since their focus is on the 370z now may be made on order as thre might be any left?

They would favour a group buy obviously and this will significantly reduce cost per item;)

See the Stillen BCDK for illustration only(This costs about £150)

Stillen_Brake_Duct.jpg

I will be speaking to the right man(neil or Rob) on Tuesday as he is involved in racing around the country this long weekend :thumbs: .

Should be able to get prices, ease of DIY etc then :teeth: .

Stick your name below if you are interested:

1. GT4 Zed

If the price is right mate then count me in, although im pretty sure this could be done DIY very cheap, £150 is crazy.

I looked into this and the hard part is getting the hose to connect to near the brake disk.

Bennet, do you have any more pics of the disk end of the connection?

If the price is right mate then count me in, although im pretty sure this could be done DIY very cheap, £150 is crazy.

It is easy to do a BCDK DIY with stuff from halfords but it will not do the job as you need the end connector cone peice to cover wider surface area. See below

mi13.jpg

I looked into this and the hard part is getting the hose to connect to near the brake disk.

That's why i spoke to RJN because theirs has the collecting duct at the front bumper and a funnel-shaped cone at he brake end of the hose to dissipate the heat unlike the stillen kit.

Bennet, do you have any more pics of the disk end of the connection?

No, these were all from Stillen's site

Other examples below:

example of SS cone at the left of pic

pass-duct-no-piping.jpg

Double ducts B)

img_3866_sm.jpg

5zigen 350z cooling duct(for oem size disc) :thumbs:

5zigen_brake_cooling_duct.jpg

Nice

128163_lg%5B1%5D.pjpeg

I have a brake cooling ducting kit on mine including the inlet trumpets. :thumbs:

I will try and post up pics tomoz if I have time. :thumbs:

That will be ace Alex :thumbs: what kit do you have? Is it made for the zed off the self?

I have a brake cooling ducting kit on mine including the inlet trumpets. :thumbs:

That will be ace Alex :thumbs: what kit do you have? Is it made for the zed off the self?

It could be if I put a patent on it. :lol::lol::lol:

It could be it I put a patent on it. :lol::lol::lol:

:lol::lol::lol: with you everything is possible in the serch for performance ;)

Here's one from Saturday ;) ....but like Stew - I haven't seen the gubbins behind the bumper .....

4482012523_06c1df7b43_o.jpg

I know what your saying bennet in regards to getting certain bits to fit, an "end connecter hose piece" are you saying this is why it would cost £150? :wacko:

No mate :p . The Stillen cost £150 :bang: and looks like DIY. I am hoping that RJN can do this for well less especially if there was a GB ;)

Looks like Zmanalex has made one for his zed. Just hope he will post up some pics of the setup and where to get the parts and a DIY guide. ;)

I have seen the ducting and inlet ring in ebay for 11 quid but not with the inlet trumpet which is the most important bit :thumbs:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0428023301

If RJN does not come through or too expensive, I might ask someone to make one for me out of SS. i just need to have a look at the back of the wheel hub area and design something

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

To add on to this, upon my travels round yonder interwebs I came across these little beauties...

msd_aly-brk-disc-duct.jpg

When I get some spare cash I may treat myself and give this a go I think. It's not going to work out any cheaper than the Stillen kit if I use proper Samco single-ply ducting hose (which I intend to) I think, but I'll get a decent bit of satisfaction out of doing it my way I hope. :)

To add on to this, upon my travels round yonder interwebs I came across these little beauties...

msd_aly-brk-disc-duct.jpg

When I get some spare cash I may treat myself and give this a go I think. It's not going to work out any cheaper than the Stillen kit if I use proper Samco single-ply ducting hose (which I intend to) I think, but I'll get a decent bit of satisfaction out of doing it my way I hope. :)

Good spot :thumbs: Think I'm going to try these myself :)

• 4 weeks later...