lambo doors?

bboyzeez

ok guys i saw this japanesse 350 drifitng advert on utube and fell in love with the thought of lambo doors on my baby lol anyone done this or know if its a hard procedure to do? i guessing maybe the front bumper will need to be removed to gain access to wheel arches?

basically i wanna know how much room is needed for them to open as in that last photo it looks like just same amount as opening door normally???

if madmarky hasnt read this thread by tomoz night ill pm him thanks guys

Andy on the forum is an LSD dealer and they are meant to be good kits. He made a guide of fitting them. Loads of details in there. I'd suggest you search for that.

basically i wanna know how much room is needed for them to open as in that last photo it looks like just same amount as opening door normally???

if madmarky hasnt read this thread by tomoz night ill pm him thanks guys

Just read it now but pm if you need any more info.

Basically imo LSD kit is the only kit worth buying as its the only one im aware of that is crash test approved. It isn't cheap tho retailing at around £1000. The kit can be fitted fairly easily yourself over a weekend but most bodyshop/mechanics can do easy enough. I wrote a guide if you fancy doing it yourself you can find it Here. As for your question about how far they open, with the kit installed your door will open up around half way normally, allowing you to easily get in and out of the car for when you dont want to raise the door. The gas strut on the LSD kit is perfectly balanced to the door with the door card on and goes up and down effortlessly, just remember to keep greasing them up as mine squeal something awful from time to time.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Having read the previous posts in this thread, I'm assuimg that this ebay kit:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-350Z-ALMER ... 5886f93dd8

..would be considered A) terribly naff, and B ) dangerous and unrealiable?

I must admit I do kinda like the idea of snazzy doors like that. The ebay advert says they can also be fitted on Almeras - I currently have one of them so perhaps I could test them out on that ;)

S.