My Project *JDM Content inside* :) Discussion

Ian

As most of you have probably figured out by now, I'm boosting the Z :)

Usual story, I'm doing things a bit differently ;)

DSC_2857.jpg

DSC_2895.jpg

DSC_2858.jpg

:teeth:

DSC_2860.jpg

Really not feeling the green filter though, gonna have to try and source a blue one B)

DSC_2873.jpg

DSC_2887.jpg

F-Con, which will most likely get ditched depending on what Mark @ Abbey decides on ;)

DSC_2884.jpg

HKS BPV - also getting ditched in favour of a SSQV (Assumming I can be arsed to make it fit, if not then the SSQV will end up on my mums Impreza :lol: )

DSC_2889.jpg

Intercooler Temp monitor :)

DSC_2892.jpg

New boot badge

DSC_2868.jpg

NOT!

Unfortunatley my oil cooler is coming seperately & I'm also waiting for a huge order from Adam@Z1 to ship. I'm also still debating whether I'm gonna install it myself or just hand it over to Abbey to do - I'm leaning more towards doing it myself. If Nurrish can do it, then anyone can :p;)

Parts I Have

GTM HKS Stage 2 Supercharger

HKS AFK

Parts I'm waiting for

GTM Oil Cooler

Cosworth Intake Plenum (I'm guessing some of you have seen this already ;) )

Deatschwerks 600CC Injectors

CJM Stage 0 Fuel Return System

HKS Black Edition SSQV

NGK One Step Colder Spark Plugs

AAM Throttle Body Spacer

AAM Oil Pan Spacer

Z1 Water Temperature Sensor Adaptor

Koyo 54MM Radiator

Tomei Test Pipes

Defi Boost Gauge

Defi Oil Pressure Gauge

Defi EGT Gauge

Defi Water Temp Gauge

I think thats all of it :blush:

Also a few more shiny bits & interior bits.

I'm also debating on whether I should get the visible pipes powdercoated black to match the Cosworth :shrug:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one bud, will be awesome when its all fitted and tuned :drive1

Yup :) My target is to have it ready for Japfest at the moment :snack:

It won't make as much power as the Vortech kits, but the Torque figure seems higher on the HKS, its quieter than the Vortech & its JDM :blush:

Will update in a minute at the progress I've made so far :D

thats a really nice piece of kit, very tidy looking :thumbs:

as for the filter, you can get replacement filter elements for them in a range of colours and not massively expensive once you have the cage like you already have.

not sure if they do blue though :shrug:

Only progress so far :blush: Will be a while before I get into it fully because of work & still missing a lot of parts

HKS AFK Install

There are 4 parts to install, 1 Ignition feed, 2 wideband sensors (will be fitted when my new cats arrive) & the knock sensor. The first 3 are easy, the last one though involves splicing into the ECU harness :surrender: I was not looking forward to this part of the install, cutting the factory harness was probably the most nerve wracking thing I've done so far :blush:

A few mates came down & gave a helping hand :thumbs: we started by removing the lower dash to gain access to the ECU, removed the ECU & found the correct wire to cut into. Then to make things easier, we removed the passenger seat. There is sod all room in the footwell, especially when your trying to hold a soldering iron, solder & another wire as we discovered, there is not enough room under there for 2 people to do it. Heres where it went a bit wrong :blush: because of the lack of room, when I tried stripping the wire back so I could tap into it I used a bit to much force & snapped the wire :scare: It took me nearly 3 hours to get them bridged back together with the knock amp connected aswell, then just as I was wrapping them in insulation tape - it came apart :bang: I was about to give up when I had a call from my uncle seeing how we were doing (I think he was worried because we hadnt phoned him in over an hour :lol: ) Explained the situation to him & he came to my rescue, within 10mins he had the whole thing fitted (its easy when you do that for a living :blush: )

I only have it set up to monitor knock at the moment, I will fit the wideband sensors once I recieve my new cat pipes.

Interior before

DSC_2787.jpg

Interior now

DSC_2830.JPG

DSC_2824.JPG

DSC_2823.JPG

DSC_2828.JPG

Came out better than I expected it to TBH, Pretty happy with it & you get the idea of what it will look like when my other gauges arrive

thats a really nice piece of kit, very tidy looking :thumbs:

as for the filter, you can get replacement filter elements for them in a range of colours and not massively expensive once you have the cage like you already have.

not sure if they do blue though :shrug:

Yeah I found a blue one but it was on ebay so not sure if its genuine HKS or knock off

Yup :) My target is to have it ready for Japfest at the moment :snack:

Will be great if you make it, I will have to have a good nosey around if you do B)

I'll definatley be at Japfest, I'm just not sure what car I'll be in :lol: