The 2010 Formula 1 Chat Thread.

Beavis

Discuss all aspect of the new F1 season in here.

Thought the first race was boring as hell :surrender: And i am not the only one..

The British newspaper 'Daily Mail' wrote: "The FIA and teams must look at the problem urgently and see what can be tweaked. The sport is in danger of missing out on its greatest bonanza. There are four champions on the grid, all in competitive cars. The racing should be sparkling rather than as dry as the desert."

The critic of the 'The Times', Kevin Eason said: "Far be it for us to worry you, but it might be wise to dig around in the garden shed and find that old tin of Dulux and splash a bit of it on the living-room wall around the start of the next grand prix in Australia in case you need something to watch if the racing is as dull as it was here in Bahrain.

"It was difficult not to imagine the click of millions of remote controls around the globe as viewers started scouring the channels for an alternative sporting event a little more exciting, such as international conkers from Rutland or celebrity cheeserolling from Amsterdam."

Italy's 'La Gazzetta dello Sport' on his turn wrote: "Looking at it objectively, this new and highly anticipated F1 produced a rather boring race, with very few passes and most of the field bunched at the back. But Sakhir is an odd track. We'll see how the season unfolds."

Also its come to light that Vettels problem was not a broken exhaust but a broken spark plug.

Results

Pos. Driver Team Time

1 F. Alonso Ferrari 1:39:20.396

2 F. Massa Ferrari + 16.099

3 L. Hamilton McLaren + 23.182

4 S. Vettel Red Bull + 38.799

5 N. Rosberg Mercedes Grand Prix + 40.213

6 M. Schumacher Mercedes Grand Prix + 44.163

7 J. Button McLaren + 45.280

8 M. Webber Red Bull + 46.360

9 V. Liuzzi Force India F1 + 53.008

10 R. Barrichello Williams + 1:02.489

11 R. Kubica Renault F1 + 1:09.093

12 A. Sutil Force India F1 + 1:22.958

13 J. Alguersuari Scuderia Toro Rosso + 1:32.656

14 N. Hulkenberg Williams + 1 lap(s)

15 H. Kovalainen Lotus F1 + 2 lap(s)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was B-O-R-E-D!!!!!!! :yawn:

it was very dull. nothing major happened. i love F1 but i really liked the refuelling during races. a bit more to go wrong.

i think they should spice it up somehow. possibly "deathrace" styleeee!!

Flames- Check

spiky nails- Check

rocket launcher- check

laser guided machine guns- check

F1 sorted!!!!!

Sparky

I have to agree, very boring indeed. I mean come on, this is the F1, the pinnacle of motor sport. Why so many rules holding teams, cars and drivers back?. Let them do what they want. They say the new rules will encourage more overtaking. I totally disagree. Something must be done and soon, before the sport dies away :thumbdown:

i had never watched the F1 before as ive had very little interest in it. i decided it was time i saw what it was all about, tbh was about what i expected, good to have on in the background while doing something else. but definitely not enough to hold my attention for the full race.

whats was this thing about; they cant choose what time they leave the pits, it is set depending on other people coming in so they have no control over the time they are losing :shrug: seems pointless.

They need to sortout the areodynamic issue immediately - no more wings and a totally flat under tray with no venturi regions. Make it down to mechanical grip and driver skill only.

And get rid of the solid "run-off" areas - bring back gravel traps so if you go off, you pay the penalty for poor car control

if the next 2 races are as processional as this one was then they will lose 50% of the viewers

Here's my girlie input - Schuey doesnt look the some when he isnt dressed in Red!

All i require this season is a dry weekend for Silverstone - I am in row F and will still get wet if it rains and that Lewis gets a beating. :boxing:

I watched it. I'm no F1 fan really. I admire the engineering behind it but it's a bit 'prawn sandwich' for me so I prefer down and dirty racing like BTCC, V8 supercars and bike racing.

I watched it, the coverage in the run up was very good but the race was a snoozefest. The best of show at crufts I watched last night was more exciting!

I'll try again if I'm off work to watch some racing, if not it'll be back to my non manufacturer supported BTCC and bike racing for my armchair thrills.

Sorry F1, you just don't do it for me.....

i love f1, always have, watched it cause i always do, imo it was boring and not as good as last season, the pit lane 55m rule and the overtake done under that was about the most interesting part.

shame the TV coverage didnt focus on 'le nose' or Kubica or whatever he is called, he made quite a few positions back after the start...

ill watch the next one and the one after and the one after.... just hope it improves, not convinced by the new track layout, looked interesting for a skill/qualify time point of view, but no where to overtake on that part...

It wasn't exactly a classic; half the cars were still testing but considering I had to wait over 130 days between races to get my F1 fix, I'll take it!

As dull as the track is, I do feel that Bahrain makes a much better season opener than Albert Park as there is far more run off for when the inevitable happens with half finished cars running. If I recall correctly, there was only one yellow flag all race. It also gives the teams some data to work with for the next 2 weeks rather than having to do back to back races immediately so we should get some early season upgrades. I'd put money on either Red Bull, Ferrari, Merc or Williams turning up to Melbourne with a McLaren snorkel on their cars...

But that aside, I personally can't see the season improving until they change some of the regulations. The ban on refueling was to stop people relying on overtaking in the pits but that was still where the majority of the place changing happened due to the new 55m box rule. The 107% rule wont make matters much better either if introduced as it will only serve to punish Hispania and Virgin week in week out.

My personal feeling is that the regulations are one thing, but the real problem comes from teams not deeming it important to win races any more. The concorde agreement unfortunately seems to support this and teams are now happy just to score points.... That's 10th place! Combine that with the technical complacenty that some teams show by coming up with a very run of the mill car then crying to the FIA over other's innovations and you get 19 processions of boring cars covered in adverts.

Makes me angry! I could rant about this all day!

the FIA has come up with the best cure for insomnia ever devised

on another point did anyone notice how you didn't see any spectators. The camera crew were told to keep the shots very tight because the stands were empty. ;)

Bernie is clearly enjoying the money he gets from this track. Its as boring as hell. Some of the new tracks added are a waste of time.

on another point did anyone notice how you didn't see any spectators.

That's pretty normal at the Sakhir curcuit - no one can be arsed to head into the middle of a desert to watch a dull race from a mile away because of the massive run off areas.

more continental GP's are needed, rather than the Tilke designed billionaires playgrounds that we are seeing more of these days

on another point did anyone notice how you didn't see any spectators.

That's pretty normal at the Sakhir curcuit - no one can be arsed to head into the middle of a desert to watch a dull race from a mile away because of the massive run off areas.

more continental GP's are needed, rather than the Tilke designed billionaires playgrounds that we are seeing more of these days

The trouble is F1 will always go where the money is ;) I mean what a joke Donnington turned out to be. The pictures of the multi-billion pound Abu Dhabi circuit compared to the picture of three traffic cones on a muddy Derbyshire track summed it up for me :lol: . And any of the good tracks their used to be like the original Silverstone, Hockenheim and San Marino have all been ruined as well to make them safer. :shrug:

Glad I missed it now, sounds a right snooze-fest :thumbdown:

Something needs to be done though, it continues to disappear up it's own ass every year, while the WRC and BTCC get backwater coverage on terrestrial telly.

LMAO!

It could be one of the drivers in-jokes/games they play. One year it was the worst sunglasses, last year it was how many times they could say "for sure" to the press so 2010 could be the year of crappy sweaters

• 2 weeks later...