The 2010 Formula 1 Chat Thread.

Beavis

I for one thought it was a pretty good race. The start was good, there were battles throughout the pack for most of the race and Hamilton drove an absolute blinder. The real problem comes from Bahrain being utterly dull then Melbourne being an instant classic. It messes with people's expectations :thumbs:

Massa being the top of the driver's championship is a complete joke though. He isn't worthy of it this year at all and it makes a mockery of the new points system which should reward people for winning....

01 Felipe Massa 39 - no wins

02 Fernando Alonso 37 - 1 win

03 Sebastian Vettel 37 - 1 win

04 Jenson Button 35 - 1 win

05 Nico Rosberg 35 - no wins

Still, given time I'm sure he'll drop back down :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank god this is the last early morning call for a while - can't be dealing with getting up this early this often!

Should be a good one this weekend, McLaren have looked good so far, but i think Red Bull have yet to show their pace. No one has ever won china twice, but i think that'll be changing!

The one good thing about red bull constantly taking pole position is that it gives something for lewis to chase :lol:

I do expect the top teams to level out a bit once they get back to europe. Ferarri hopefully will sort out the reliability of their appauling engines and mclaren will be able to sort out their downforce issues with any luck and we can have some real racing for the next 15 races

The rain is welcome for something then! Good viewing for a change! :thumbs:

You're always going to get the odd procession race, but so far this year has been amazing :yahoo:

Shame the stupid volcano business has postponed the japanese motogp, that's next weekend's plans ruined :)

Well what an exciting race! Im dissapointed that the Red Bulls didnt do better,but the strategy had us over i think. Was good to see another exciting race,as its good for the sport. My only other wish would have been that Button finished 2nd to Hamilton,but you win some you loose some.

• 3 weeks later...

Look's like Schumy is looking a bit more competitive this weekend..... should be a good race :thumbs:

................ Hmmmmm Red Bulls are looking quickest though

Any one noticed Saubers new sponsor? Do you think they will get a free burger and fries with every stop :lol:

This is where the season really starts B) redbull looks good but i will put my dosh on the fezzas and a podium for................................... schumi :p

Also Button to wipe the floor with Lewis again :thumbs:

This is where the season really starts B) redbull looks good but i will put my dosh on the fezzas and a podium for................................... schumi :p

Not sure F1 is your strongest subject ;) I expect all of those facts to be wrong :p

The Red Bulls should easily win, the only hope is that Lewis nails one of them into the first corner. Oh and Button has yet to wipe the floor with Lewis this year so i dont get where you get "again" from? :wacko:

Not sure F1 is your strongest subject ;) I expect all of those facts to be wrong :p

The Red Bulls should easily win, the only hope is that Lewis nails one of them into the first corner. Oh and Button has yet to wipe the floor with Lewis this year so i dont get where you get "again" from? :wacko:

The Red Bulls have had more than enough chances to do well and they blow them all!!! Webber pulls a few school boy errors everytime and Vettell well he should be good but never comes through with the goods. As for Button wiping the floor with Hamilton, that's not really true. He has beat him and had more podiums this seasons but he hasn't wiped the floor with him. Whatever happens I'm fairly sure the Red Bulls will not produce a 1, 2 finish! I'm going to be looking out for a winners drive from Schumacher I think he's getting better with every race, I bet he renews his contract if he comes close to winning the championship title just so he can get another world title!

The Red Bulls have had more than enough chances to do well and they blow them all!!! Webber pulls a few school boy errors everytime and Vettell well he should be good but never comes through with the goods. As for Button wiping the floor with Hamilton, that's not really true. He has beat him and had more podiums this seasons but he hasn't wiped the floor with him. Whatever happens I'm fairly sure the Red Bulls will not produce a 1, 2 finish! I'm going to be looking out for a winners drive from Schumacher I think he's getting better with every race, I bet he renews his contract if he comes close to winning the championship title just so he can get another world title!

If there is to be another winner other than the Red Bulls i would expect it to come from Mclaren and hopefully fom Lewis. I am just hoping there race pace will be closer to the bulls. Sorry cant see Schumacher winning or even getting close to the championships, his best days are behind him now. :)

All it would take it one amazing race from Schumacher for people to start believing again.

Anyway like Button said after the qualifying, their race pace is always better than qualifying and that is true. I'm sorry but I don't see Red Bull on the podium, qualifying and racing are very very different and so far this season Red Bull have shone in the qualifying and lacked in the races.

If there is to be another winner other than the Red Bulls i would expect it to come from Mclaren and hopefully fom Lewis. I am just hoping there race pace will be closer to the bulls. Sorry cant see Schumacher winning or even getting close to the championships, his best days are behind him now. :)

Dave, i think you are going to eat your hat mate ;) if Formula one was only about practice and quali pace then all the teams may as well pack and go home as RB will win everything but thank god there are so many other variables hence we will see whos predictions come close :snack:

As for Lewis and butto the results speak for themselves ;)

To say Schumi has past it then it really sums up your F1 :blink: . BTW i said podum not win in this race, however just wait for his car to be as competitive as the RBs and then will see :p